For entering students, Leeward uses a variety of ways to check your skill levels in English and math, so you'll be placed in the right level of those classes.
You can use any of the placement measures below. If one of the measures below leads to placement in a developmental education class, you have the option of taking a placement test if you think it will improve your placement.
Placement measures for entering students:
- Cumulative High School GPA
- 12th Grade English Grade
- 12th Grade Intro to College Math Grade
- 12th Grade Alg 3, Trig, or Pre Calc Grade
- Algebra II grade
- Algebra I grade
- ACT Writing / Math score
- SAT Writing / Math score
- HiSET Language Arts / Math score
- GED Language Arts / Math score
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (English)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (math)
Testing During COVID
Due to COVID-19, Accuplacer is temporarily not available.
If you need to take a placement test, you can use an online option through EdReady.
- For Math: Check with your counselor first. Your major will determine the appropriate Math test.
- Language: If you are more comfortable with a language other than English, please complete the student survey.
- For English: Review the EdReady QuickStart Guide before taking the test.
Students who have been accepted before June 29, 2020 will receive an email explaining that EdReady is now available.