The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) helps veterans and active military students transition into college life and academic success.
The VRC offers assistance in accessing VA benefits and VA healthcare through the Veteran Success on Campus (VSOC) and Veterans in Transition to Academic Leadership (VITAL) programs. These programs serve as the on-campus face of the VA to address the unique needs of Veterans in college.
Veterans Resource Center & Veterans Counselor
Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Counseling & Advising services by appointment only
Fridays: VRC Closed, Counseling & Advising by appointment only
Location: BS 103
Military & Veterans Counselor
- Academic Counseling
- Veteran Benefits Application Assistance
- MYCAA degree plans
- Tuition Assistance submission assistance
- Joint Service Transcript and CCAF Transcript requests
- Active Duty/Dependent Scholarships Search
- Veterans Resume Writing Workshops
- Job postings and announcements for Veterans
- Job Prep assistance
- Veterans Group Support Services
Read more about VetSuccess on Campus Program…
Office Hours: Mondays & Wednesdays, 9:00am-4:00pm
Services offered through the VBA’s VSOC program include:
- Assistance in accessing VA benefits, VA medical referrals, or Veteran-specific career and employment services.
- Referral for health services through VA medical facilities and local Vet Centers, information on submitting a claim for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VRE) as well as locating community and campus resources.
- Supportive guidance to ensure Veterans’ health, education, and VA benefit needs are met, while utilizing their VA educational benefits.
Dr. Eunice Kwon
Office Hours: by appointment only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
Services offered through the VHA’s VITAL program include:
- On campus clinical counseling for student veterans with PTSD or other concerns, including relationship problems, academic functioning, or general adjustment to civilian life
- Assisting the veterans with understanding and accessing VA healthcare and other veterans’ benefits
- Providing information about PTSD, other Mental Health concerns, and the VA to faculty and interested students
- Working with faculty or staff to enhance student veterans’ potential for academic success
- Serving as a guest lecturer on topics such as PTSD, the VA’s role as a healthcare provider, or other related military or mental health concerns
- Collaboration with veterans’ counselors currently located on campus
- Promoting access to VA services
Consider making a donation and helping us serve those who serve our country:
Visit our counseling office for academic advising.
Leeward CC’s Veterans Affairs provides assistance to eligible student Veterans, Active Service persons, Dependents, Reservists, and National Guard Members with state and federal educational benefit programs. The VA staff is committed to servicing all qualified and disabled veterans and their dependents in their educational pursuits.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Leeward Community College is an approved participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP). This program allows our institution to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the resident tuition and fees of our public institution. Read more…