Prepare for today’s competitive job market.
Our Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs provide you with industry-relevant skills for high-wage, high-demand careers. CTE encompasses many different types of education, from classroom learning to certification programs to work-based learning opportunities outside the classroom, to non-credit workforce development programs.
The CTE courses are taught by faculty who are experts in their fields, have real world experience and will take the time to help you. You’ll learn how to keep pace with rapidly changing technological advances, while discovering the work habits and attitudes necessary to succeed in the workplace. You can also take advantage of our Cooperative Education classes that enables you to gain valuable on-the-job training and network with potential employers.
Whether you’re beginning your career, pursuing a job promotion, or considering a career change, our CTE programs can help you succeed.
Career and Technical Education Month® is a public awareness campaign that takes place each February to celebrate the value of CTE and the achievements and accomplishments of CTE programs across the country.
During the month of February, we are celebrating CTE Month with:
- CTE displays past and present in the Learning Commons
- the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program available from February 1 through March 21
- CTE Open House on February 7 for 360 middle school students and on February 14 for 560 high school juniors and seniors
- Spring Fair, sponsored by the Phi Beta Lambda/Enactus business club on February 12
- Culinary Arts Scholarship Brunch on February 16
- Culinary Arts Employment Fair on February 27
Next year Leeward will have its inaugural CTE Letter of Intent Signing Day where 75-100 high school seniors will sign their Letter of Intent to attend Leeward in the Fall, majoring in one of our great CTE programs!