Office of the Chancellor
Manny Cabral, Chancellor
A new academic year 2013-2014 is coming upon us, and once again the College Convocation on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 will give us an opportunity to reconnect with our colleagues, welcome the new additions to our faculty and staff and to jumpstart what we all hope will be another banner year.
We enter the 46th anniversary year of the college:
- experiencing stable enrollment,
- anticipating the completion of our new Education Building,
- receiving the final version of the Long Range Development Plan (LRDP),
- celebrating the purchase of the TYCOM building as the future permanent home of Leeward CC Wai'anae.
- enjoying the beautiful results from our summer 20 13 landscaping project, but
- readying ourselves for the change in UH Presidential leadership and for potential fiscal challenges brought about by decisions made in the last legislative session.
We still have a follow-up report to submit in October for our highly successful ACCJC Evaluation Report from February 2013, and I provide the table below to highlight how well the college performed comparatively, i.e. only one college recommendation to address (least among the six CCs) and the only CC to meet all recommendations from the 2006 Evaluation Report.
Links of Interest
- Chancellor's Welcome to New Students
- College News
- Campus Bulletin (login required)
- Leeward CC on Twitter
- Leeward Photo Galleries on Flickr
- Leeward's YouTube.edu Channel
Manny Cabral is the 10th CEO of Leeward Community College. Cabral began his career at Leeward in 1980 as a math instructor. In 1988, he became Division Chair of Math & Sciences. In 2007, he was appointed Interim Chancellor with his permanent appointment to the position approved in May, 2008.
|Morton_Fall 2010_LeeCC.pdf||239.8 KB|