Studying that fits your schedule
24/7 online tutoring for UHCC students
Leeward Community College offers free online, on-demand tutoring, through Tutor.com. Tutors are always available, even late at night when your instructor may not be. Stuck on a problem? Want someone to review your paper? This tutoring service is easy to use and can be accessed on any device that connects to the internet.
When you sign in to Tutor.com you'll be able to:
- Connect with over 3,000 qualified tutors 24/7
- View replays and transcripts of previous sessions
- Drop off an essay for review and feedback
- Save your favorite tutors and set up tutoring appointments
- Take free practice quizzes to assess your skills
- Access tutoring help from your computer, mobile phone or tablet
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who has access to Tutor.com?
- Tutor.com online tutoring is available to University of Hawai’i students who are taking at least one community college course during the current semester.
- Is there tutoring available for my classes?
- Tutors are available to help you in a wide range of disciplines and courses, such as:
- Math, English, History, Foreign Languages, Nursing and Healthcare, Physics, Biology, Science, Business, Computer Science, Social Sciences and more…
- Writing help is available for all courses
- How do I connect to an online tutor?
- Sign in to MyUH.hawaii.edu for access to Tutor.com.
- On the “Connect with a tutor” page, select your discipline, course/subject, and fill out the question or concept you want help with in your tutoring session.
- Please have your question for your tutor ready before you connect. Enter your question and any important notes in the pre-session survey – this will save you time while you are in your session.
- Decide if you want a voice session. If you want to use voice in addition to chat, you may want to use a headset for your microphone and speakers or you can dial into a conference line with your tutor once you start your session.
- You can attach a file or screenshot of something you would like help with by clicking “share a file” in the pre-session request form and in the online classroom.
- After your session with a tutor, you can review it again at any time on your “sessions” page or save your tutor as a “favorite.”
- How do I drop off a paper?
- Click on the “Submit an Essay” tab and fill out the form.
- Upload the essay you want reviewed and your tutor will send you feedback within 12 hours.
- You will be notified by email and with a notice on your account page when your paper is ready for pick-up. The paper will be returned to your sessions page under “My Account.”