Office Administration and Technology (OAT)
The Office Administration and Technology program offers professional preparation for entry-level business and office positions. Participants develop hard and soft skills for today’s workplace, including keyboarding and word processing, file management, language and interpersonal skills. Participants must be a minimum of 9th grade reading level and able to type at least 25 words per minute.
Online registration is for debit/credit card purchase only. For other payments, use Standard Registration.
Click on a course section to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice. For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section in the Course Details.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate fundamental keyboarding skills
2. Demonstrate basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Ribbon Interface.
3. Demonstrate the basic mechanics of creating Word documents for office use. 4. Demonstrate introductory formatting techniques and presentation styles.
5. Demonstrate the basic mechanics and navigation of an Excel spreadsheet.
6. Create and design a spreadsheet for general office use.
7. Demonstrate the use of basic functions and formulas.
8. Demonstrate the basic mechanics of creating a PowerPoint presentation.
9. Demonstrate working knowledge of using clip art to enhance ideas and information in a PowerPoint presentation.
10. Demonstrate working knowledge of integrating information from other Microsoft programs into a PowerPoint presentation
11. Demonstrate basic knowledge of alphabetical filing principles.
12. Demonstrate best practices of phone and email etiquette.
- General questions and agency inquiries: Will Castillo, firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration assistance:
call our office at 455-0477