Certified Nurse Aide II: Patient Care Technician
This course is designed to educate and train nursing assistants to support licensed nursing staff in long term care facilities. Participants will, through lecture, laboratory practice and evaluation, specialize in skills to include sterile gloving, wound care, oral suctioning, diabetes care, enteral nutrition, catheterization, colostomy care, specimen collection and tracheostomy care. Completion of a DHS approved nurse aide training program is required.
Online registration is for debit/credit card purchase only. For other payments, use Standard Registration.
Click on a course section to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice. For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section in the Course Details.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Give examples of current issues challenging the healthcare delivery system in the U.S.
- Account for legal principles that guide personnel in the delivery of healthcare.
- State the evolution of the patient care technician in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods used by the healthcare team to exchange vital patient information.
- Describe measures utilized to prevent the spread of infectious organisms.
- Perform task-oriented duties and skills under the supervision of licensed personnel.
- Completion of a State of Hawai`i CNA Program (valid if the program was taken within the last 5 years)
- Current Criminal Abstract (https://ecrim.ehawaii.gov) (abstract needs to be submitted within 30 days of issuance)
- Leeward CC Physical Examination Clearance Form
- Copy of your photo ID
- Proof of 2-Step TB test completed within the last six months
- Proof of MMR vaccination (titer is acceptable)
- Proof of Hep B series vaccination (titer is acceptable)
- Proof of an 11th-grade English level or higher. Please submit the following as proof of this requirement: AA Degree, BA Degree, college transcripts, TABE results OR take our EdReady assessment. Please fill out this EdReady Request Form.
Individuals interested in the Patient Care Technician training program must apply and meet all requirements prior to registering for a class.
Registration is based on the order of COMPLETED APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, FIRST TO QUALIFY AND SECURE TUITION PAYMENT.
STEP 1: Prepare all your documents.
Go to the “Enrollment Requirements” tab above and prepare all the necessary paperwork.
STEP 2: Submit documents.
You can either mail or hand carry documents containing personal information.
Otherwise, all documents may be emailed to email@example.com. It is preferred to have all documents sent in one email to allow for faster processing.
STEP 3: Submit payment and register.
Once all of your documents have been approved and your application has been accepted, please submit payment.
Payment can be made in the form of a check, cash, or debit/credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
If agencies are paying on behalf of students, please submit the Agency Authorization Form.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- For possible tuition assistance, please visit www.ocewd.org/hcp to learn more about the Hana Career Pathways grant program.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
Coordinator: Patrick Leddy
Workforce Development Coordinator