Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. It means you have met all the requirements to earn your degree or certificate.
To celebrate this achievement, Leeward CC holds a commencement ceremony once a year in mid-May. Although COVID-19 has eliminated our chance to celebrate in person in May 2021, Leeward CC is still granting degrees and certificates and processing requests for diplomas. We are also committed to celebrating your achievements and will update the website and send emails when an alternate plan is finalized.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
APPLY FOR GRADUATION
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an Application for Graduation. This online form will be available until the last day of instruction. After submitting the application, the fee will be reflected in your MyUH account.
- We strongly recommend that you to schedule a "Graduation Check" appointment with a counselor before applying.
- Complete and submit the online Application for Graduation. NOTE: Upon accessing the application, you will be prompted to login to your UH account. You cannot be signed into a personal Google account when filling out the form. If you need to sign out of your personal Google account, please see these instructions and scroll down to the "Sign out" section: http://go.hawaii.edu/zwG
Applications for graduation will be denied if all requirements have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An Incomplete or “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
To participate in the annual commencement ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- candidates must have completed and submitted the online graduation application by the published deadline.
A non-refundable $15 fee is required to participate in the commencement ceremony. This fee also covers the cost of your diploma. You will receive one diploma written in English, one diploma written in 'ōlelo Hawai'i and a diploma cover.
Learn more about the commencement ceremony and how you can be a part of this milestone event. We wish you continued success as you transition from a Leeward student to a Leeward graduate!