Get the Leadership Edge.
Management is a basic requirement for career advancement in any field that you may choose.
Prepare for entry-level employment and supervisory positions in a variety of organizations. Become an expert in the use of the latest computer software, conquer office essentials, and get the edge needed to land that first job or earn that promotion! Our program provides training in the communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills necessary for success and advancement in today’s workplace. Offering a variety of short term certificates to a two-year Associate's degree…
DEGREE AND CERTIFICATES OFFERED
- Associate in Science Degree (60 or 63 credits) prepares you for entry- level employment positions in the Sales and Marketing field such as retail clerks, stock clerks, cashiers, order clerks, stockpersons and sales trainees. Requirements for the Associate in Science Degree
- Academic Subject Certificate, Management (18 or 21 credits) is designed to enhance marketability and increase earning potential for those entering the workforce while providing an opportunity to focus elective studies on acquiring managerial skills. Requirements for the Academic Subject Certificate, Management
- Academic Subject Certificate, Travel Industry Management (24 or 27 credits) is designed to provide you with a strong foundation for earning a bachelor’s degree in Travel Industry Management. The Certificate also provides work place business knowledge and skills that may aid in finding entry-level jobs. Requirements for the Academic Subject Certificate, Travel Industry Management
- Certificate of Achievement, Management (21-24 credits) will provide you with a "stepping-stone" approach toward an AS in Management degree. Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement, Management
- Certificate of Competence, Business Essentials (6 or 9 credits) focuses on developing interpersonal communication skills between management and employees and selecting and utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence, Business Essentials
- Certificate of Competence, Business Foundations (6 credits) provides you the most critical skills demanded by businesses: customer service, interpersonal skills, and communication. The certificate offers training opportunities for business and students who are currently working in industry as well as for those who wish to apply their skills in immediate employment while pursuing additional college study. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence, Business Foundations
- Certificate of Competence, Hospitality and Tourism (15 or 16 credits) is designed to provide basic skills and knowledge that will prepare you to find employment in various segments of the hospitality and travel industry with a focus on lodging. The courses required in the Certificate are applicable to the AS degree in Management. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence, Hospitality and Tourism
- Certificate of Competence, Management Essentials (15 or 18 credits) provides you with the management skills and knowledge necessary to advance to various levels of administrative and supervisory positions. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence, Management Essentials
- Certificate of Competence, Management Foundations (9 credits) provides insight to practical applications of managerial functions, theories and structures; introduction to accounting theory, and marketing fundamentals. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence, Management Foundations
TIME AND COSTS
The time to complete the certificates or the degree varies from one to four semesters. To obtain the associate degree in two years, you have to take an average of 15 credits/semester.
Costs: tuition and fees
Douglas Choy, Assistant Professor CC, Management; B.B.A., University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa; M.B.A., Hawai‘i Pacific University
Ross Higa, Assistant Professor CC, Management; B.B.A., University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa