Free Tax Help: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Student volunteers from Leeward CC and Waipahu High School classes and other community members are providing free tax help for low to moderate-income (approximately $49,000) taxpayers who need assistance with preparing their 2012 federal and Hawaii tax returns.
Volunteers are trained and certified to prepare basic tax returns. This does not include returns with business and rental income or complex investments. Tax returns can be electronically filed and refunds direct-deposited for faster service.
Volunteers will be available to assist taxpayers every:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from February 5 through March 21, 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Saturdays from February 1 to March 30, 9am to 1pm (doors close at noon)
No appointments taken. Walk-in and sign the waiting list in room BE 229 of the Business Education (BE) Building on the Pearl City campus.
- Items you need to bring:
- Photo Identification for you and your spouse
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth Dates for you, spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statement(s) Forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and Hawaii returns (2009) if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for direct deposit of refunds, optional
- Other relevant information about your expenses:
- Real Estate Taxes paid for your personal residence
- College Tuition, textbooks and required supplies costs and scholarship information
- Total Paid for Day Care; provider’s address and identifying numbers
- Information for itemized deductions
- Mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid for your personal residence
- Charitable contribution receipts
- Substantial out-of-pocket medical and work-related costs
To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
For more information: Roy Kamida, 808.455.0294, kamida [at] hawaii [dot] edu