MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 – Skill Practice
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic RiderCourse2 - Skills Practice provides current motorcyclists lifelong opportunities for rider education and training. Participants must be permitted or licensed riders who have successfully completed the MSF Basic RiderCourse or equivalent. The course consists of riding exercises in a controlled environment. The riding exercises emphasize safety, skill development, and build upon the riding skills introduced in the BRC. This course provides participants an opportunity to use their own motorcycle.
Online registration is for debit/credit card purchase only. For other payments, use Standard Registration.
Click on a course section to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice. For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section in the Course Details.
Times: 8:00AM to 1:00PM
Contact Hours: 5
Location: Leeward Community College
Course Fee(s): $50
Please review the OCEWD Withdrawal/Refund Policy.
- Must be in good working order
- Must have a current safety inspection, registration, and motorcycle insurance
- Must be the owner of the motorcycle used for this class
Gear Requirements: (If student does not meet minimum gear requirements, they will not be allowed to ride.)
- DOT certified helmet
- Eye protection
- Hard sole, over-the-ankle footwear
- Sturdy long pants with no holes, long sleeve shirt or a jacket (yoga or athletic pants not acceptable)
- Full-finger sturdy gloves
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Improve low-speed basic controls operation, judgment, and maneuvering ability
- Refine judgment in controlled stops.
- Use Firm brake pressure to stop more quickly.
- Complete tight turns from a stop.
- Stop gradually in a curve; Stop quickly in a curve.
- Practice curves and lane changes.
- Practice safety margins and gap selection.
- Maneuver in limited spaces.
- Develop ability to negotiate low-speed decreasing radius curves.
- Avoid hazards by swerving or stopping.
Students must show completion of MSF Basic RiderCourse or equivalent.
- Students must use their own motorcycle.
- Students must show proof of insurance, current registration, and safety inspection at the start of class.
- Personal Protective Gear requirements:
- DOT certified motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection
- Sturdy long pants (thin exercise or yoga pants not allowed)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear
- Long sleeves
- Full-finger gloves, leather preferred
Motorcycle program contact information:
Phone: (808) 454-4746
For registration assistance:
Phone: (808) 455-0477
Fax: (808) 453-6730