Leeward's newest program
Get the skills you need for a job in the emerging industrial technology industry! The IIT program provides you with a theoretical and practical understanding of mechatronic systems as well as develops practical skills and systems integration. Graduates will be able to program, operate, maintain, calibrate, and repair the equipment that makes up these systems.
You'll be prepared for jobs that involve the integration of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and communications systems. Typical occupations may include:
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Mechanical Engineering Technician
- Manufacturing Production Technician
- Robotics Systems Technician
- Process Control Systems Integration Technician
DEGREE AND CERTIFICATES OFFERED
- Associate in Science(61 credits) prepares you to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers and other professionals engaged in developing, installing, calibrating, modifying and maintaining automated systems. Includes instruction in computer systems; electronics and instrumentation; programmable logic controllers (PLCs); electric, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems; actuator and sensor systems; process control; robotics; applications to specific industrial tasks; and report preparation. Requirements for the Associate in Science
- Certificate of Achievement (31 credits) can be earned in two semesters and prepares you for occupations that involve the integration of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and communications systems to meet the workforce needs of an emerging industrial technology industry. Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate of Competence (15 credits) can be earned in one semester and prepares you for entry-level occupations that involve the integration of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and communications systems. Requirements for the Certificate of Competence
TIME AND COSTS
The time to complete the certificates or the degree varies from one to four semesters. To obtain the associate degree in two years, you have to take an average of 15 credits/semester.
Costs: tuition and fees
All required IIT courses must be passed with a grade of “C” or better in order to be applied to all degrees and certificates.
William Labby, Workforce Development Coordinator, B.S.Hawai‘i Pacific University, M.S. Central Michigan University