Ready to apply? We'll show you how.
Click here and choose "Leeward" from the list.

Be sure to submit your application by the Application Deadline

Apply - International Students

International Students: How to Apply

The Office of international Programs is here to help you every step of the way through the admissions process. You'll receive personal attention and guidance here at Leeward CC and become a valued and important member of our campus community. We look forward to meeting you!

Intensive English Program “English Language Institutes (ELI)” Applicants may apply without an official English Proficiency Test Score. 

Minimum Requirements for Degree Program:

  • You must be 18 years of age
    OR you must have completed high school or the equivalent
  • You must have a minimum TOEFL score of 61iBT (500PBT), or IELTS score of 5.5, or STEP EIKEN 2A, or GTEC 1051, duolingo score of 85.
    OR you enroll and complete the Leeward English Language Institute.

To Apply, submit the following documents:

  1. UH-Leeward Community College International Student Application Form and Application Instructions. See our Forms Page
  2. Passport size picture of yourself.
  3. Nonrefundable Application fee of $25 (credit program) or $100 (English Language Institute)
  4. US$40.00 FedEx Delivery Fee (REQUIRED for overseas applicants.)
  5. Official/Unofficial Transcripts/Grade Report from high school or college/university. (If the last school you attended was a college or university, submit a copy of your transcript from each college and/or university attended.)
  6. *Affidavit of Support Form AND Official Bank Statement from the financial sponsor verifying a minimum amount of US$22,528 for one academic year.

    *Note: If the sponsor is U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, additional USCIS Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is required.
    The form can be downloaded from

    Official TOEFL: 61 on iBT or 500 paper test / IELTS: 5.5 / Step Eiken: 2A / GTEC 1051 / duolingo: 85

*Applicants who wish to bring their dependent (spouse and/or children) to the United States as F-2 visa holders must show proof of additional US$5,000 for the first dependent and US$3,000 each thereafter.

Applicants who are currently in the U.S. must submit the following forms and documents.

  1. Copy of Passport and Visa pages.
  2. Form I-94. (Please retrieve your I-94 from
  3. Copy of I-20 and Transfer Information Form (ONLY for applicants who are on F-1 student visa).

Forms:  See our Forms Page

  • 2020-2021 Overseas Application 
  • 2020-2021 Transfer Application
  • 2020-2021 ELI Application for non-F-1 Students

Email or Mail ALL of the documents to:

Leeward Community College
Office of International Programs
96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782

To Contact us : Email
Phone: (808) 455-0570
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, we strongly recommend applying 3 months before the start of a semester.

updated: 10/22/2020