Did you know that most students who graduate, do not do so on time? And most students who go to college part-time don’t finish at all? College is hard work and many students juggle multiple responsibilities while earning their degree.
G2FO (Going to Finish On-Time) is a program only offered at Leeward CC Waiʻanae for students who want to graduate within 2-3 years with an Associate’s Degree. It offers academic, personal, and financial support for students who want to commit to full-time study in order to graduate on time.
How do I join G2FO?
STEP 1 Apply Leeward Community College
STEP 2 Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov
STEP 3 After receiving your Leeward CC decision email, please complete New Student Orientation, meet with a Wai`anae Moku counselor, and let them know that you are interested in the G2FO program.
STEP 4 Schedule an appointment with Rick Kang, G2FO/ATE Program Coordinator, (808-454-4705) for pre-enrollment interview.
- Attend classes at the Leeward CC Waiʻanae campus
- Agree to be a full-time student (12 – 15 credits)
- Attend ALL G2FO success seminars
Benefits of G2FO:
Joining G2FO will provide you with benefits that will assist you in reaching your goal.
- A structured course pathway so you can finish your degree in 2-3 years.
- Classes with a small connected community of students
- Free textbooks for up to 10 G2FO cohort courses
- Scholarship support after meeting all G2FO requirements and have reached 15+ and 45+ college credits.
- A support system (personalized counseling, peer mentor support) to assist you throughout the completion of your degree
Testimonials from 2015-2016 G2FO Students:
- “I really enjoyed this semester and having to bond with everyone in G2FO and the instructors. I am very glad that I had the opportunity to be a part of this program.”
- “I love that we are cared about as a student; that our needs matter.”
- “I really enjoyed my fall semester! I am glad that I am a part of the G2FO ʻOhana!”
For any additional information, please contact
Rick Kang, G2FO/ATE Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org