Associate in Science in TV Production Program Outcomes
In addition to acquiring the competencies required for Associate of Science degrees, upon successful completion of this program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work as an individual as well as an effective team member.
- Consistently demonstrate professional qualities demanded by the business.
- Understand and be able to create concepts, treatments, storyboards, scripts, budgets, and be able to “pitch” these preproduction tools in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and be able to use modern digital video studio cameras and digital camcorders and camera mounting equipment as required by the industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, theory, and aesthetics of television, film, and the moving image.
- Understand media literacy and demonstrate professional ethics as applied to the moving image.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and be able to operate current nonlinear digital editing equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and be able to apply current television and film lighting techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and be able to use current sound sources and audio equipment specific to sound acquisition, recording, sweetening, editing, and post- production.
- Demonstrate and apply the skills at a professional level to block and direct
- a multi-camera field or studio production as well as a single camera movie-style production, using proper terminology and techniques.
- Understand and apply basic video and audio engineering techniques in order to produce a professionally acceptable television signal which meets FCC requirements for broadcast.
- Create acceptable and appropriate digital graphics necessary for television production.
- Understand and apply advanced aesthetic concepts and theories to television productions in relation to use of light, color, two and three dimensional screen spaces and forces, depth, volume, visualization, motion, time and sound to achieve professional results.