Leeward Theatre has been a primary performance venue for many of Oahu's top performing arts schools and organizations for decades. With our professional staff, state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment, and recently-renovated auditorium, we are the venue of choice for dance, music, theatre, and professional events in Central and West O‘ahu.
If you are interested in renting our theatre, please see the rental information below, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- 628-seat auditorium, fully accessible for wheelchair access with companion seating
- A 50' by 20' proscenium with a stage depth of 45 feet
- Auxiliary spaces including scene shop, 2 small and 2 large dressing rooms, 80-seat lab theatre, and two dance studios
- A large orchestra pit that may be raised for additional performance space or lowered for additional seating
Our facilities are available on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to Leeward Theatre and Leeward Performing Arts department productions, Leeward CC classes and student activities, and performing arts events sponsored by Leeward CC departments and organizations. Outside organizations may rent our facilities using the following steps:
- Complete a Rental Inquiry form with as much detail as possible, listing the preferred and alternative dates for your event.
- Email your completed form to the Theatre at Ltheatre@hawaii.edu. You will receive a follow-up call or email to confirm availability and to schedule a tour and/or phone meeting with our production department.
- Following the meeting, you will receive a rental cost estimate based on the needs of your event. This will be used to determine the amount of the 50% deposit which must be paid to secure your rental dates.
- Return the following items: 1) Rental Application, 2) signed Facilities Use Agreement, 3) Certificate of Liability Insurance naming University of Hawaii as additional insured, and 4) your deposit check.
- Following the event, you will receive an invoice from University of Hawaii for the balance due on your rental.
Please plan ahead and contact us as early as possible to begin this process. Certificates of insurance and deposit checks must be received at least 30 days prior to your event. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Leeward Community College affiliated departments and organizations may request the use of the theatre on a space-available basis. Events that require additional staffing or take place on nights or weekends may incur personnel charges to your department.
Campus events must:
- Benefit Leeward students
- Have a valid reason for taking place in the Theatre, such as
- Your audience will not fit in other campus facilities
- Your event is a performing arts presentation