Prepare for the adventure of a lifetime! International experience is a valuable part of any college degree in today's world. Leeward CC provides you with various opportunities to study abroad and earn credit toward a degree.
Leeward CC programs:
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA (June 2014)
Spanish Language - (SPAN 101, 102, 201, 202)
Cost: app. $1200 + 3-credits Leeward CC summer tuition + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, homestay accommodations, airport pickup/drop off, textbooks, cultural activities
Chiba (Tokyo), JAPAN (May 26 to June 20, 2014)
Japanese Language & Culture (JPNS 102, 201, 202)
Cost: app. $2500 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition) + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, individual apartment accommodations, airport pickup/drop off, cultural activities, one weekend homestay
Seoul, KOREA (mid-July to mid-August, 2014)
Korean Language & Culture (KOR 101, 102, 201)
Cost: app. $2100 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition) + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, one Korean Studies course (in English), dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
Shanghai, CHINA (mid-July – mid-August, 2014)
Chinese Language & Culture (CHN 101, 102, 201)
Cost: app.$1800 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
Rome, Florence, and Venice, ITALY (mid-May – mid-June, 2014)
Art in Italy (ART 175)
Cost: app.$3800 + 3-credits Leeward CC summer tuition + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes accommodations, most cultural activities, and ground transportation
Summer and Semester-long programs throughout Australia & New Zealand, Asia, Latin American, and Europe
Globalinks - Globalinksabroad.org
CISabroad – cisabroad.com
API – www.apistudyabroad.com
CAPA – www.capa.org
Application information for Leeward programs:
- Applications are available from BE-109.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- $200 non-refundable fee required after acceptance (covers administrative fees and travel health insurance)
Application timeline for the Summer 2014 programs is:
March 21, 2014 - Deadline for submitting ALL application materials to Study Abroad Office
March 31, 2014 - Notification by email of your acceptance into the program
April 11, 2014 - Deadline for non-refundable* deposit of $200 to Study Abroad Office
Date varies - Deadline for final payment of program fees to campus/program abroad
Late April, 2014 - Mandatory attendance at Pre-departure Orientation Meeting
May 10, 2014 - Deadline for payment of Leeward CC tuition credits via MyUH
* Deposit is non-refundable if student withdraws from program. Deposit WILL be returned IF program is cancelled by Leeward CC.
What’s the difference between Leeward CC programs and Affiliated programs?
Leeward CC programs
These are programs that Leeward has set up with partner institutions abroad. Students pay Leeward tuition, and receive Leeward credits. These programs may or may not be accompanied by a Leeward faculty member.
These are programs provided by our partners, Globalinks, API, CAPA, and CISaborad. As students from an Affiliated Institution, Leeward students receive a discount on the published price of these programs. NO Leeward tuition is paid for these programs, and students are responsible on their own for requesting transfer credits through the Leeward Admission & Records Office. The transfer of these credits is not facilitated or guaranteed by the Office of International Programs.
For more info, contact:
Office of International Programs - 808-455-0570 - BE 109 - lccintl [at] hawaii [dot] edu