Prepare for the adventure of a lifetime! International experience is a valuable part of any college degree in today's world. Leeward CC provides you with various opportunities to study abroad and earn credit toward a degree.
The Study Abroad Coordinator can help you choose a program that will work for you. We will help with every step of the process. Call (808) 455-0519 or lccintl [at] hawaii [dot] edu (email) today!
Leeward CC programs:Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA (June 2013)
Spanish Language - (SPAN 101, 102, 201, 202)
- Cost: $1200 + 3-credits Leeward CC summer tuition + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, homestay accommodations, airport pickup/drop off, textbooks, cultural activities
Chiba (Tokyo), JAPAN (late-May to June, 2013)
Japanese Language & Culture (JPNS 102, 201, 202)
- Cost: app. $2500 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition) + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, individual apartment accommodations, airport pickup/drop off, cultural activities, one weekend homestay
Seoul, KOREA (mid-July to mid-August, 2013)
Korean Language & Culture (KOR 101, 102, 201)
- Cost: app. $2100 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition) + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, one Korean Studies course (in English), dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
Shanghai & Beijing, CHINA (mid-July – mid-August, 2013)
Chinese Language & Culture (CHN 101, 102, 201)
- Cost: app.$1800 + 4-credits Leeward CC summer tuition + air (arranged on your own)
- Program includes intensive language course, dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
Summer and Semester-long programs throughout Australia & New Zealand, Asia, and Europe Visit Globalinksabroad.org for information, dates, costs and deadlines.
Application information for Leeward programs:
- Applications are available from BE-109. CLICK HERE for application form.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. CLICK HERE for application form.
- $200 non-refundable fee required after acceptance (covers administrative fees and travel health insurance)
Application timeline for the Summer 2013 programs is:
March 15, 2013 - Deadline for submitting ALL application materials to Study Abroad Office
March 22, 2013 - Notification by email of your acceptance into the program
April 5, 2013 - Deadline for non-refundable* deposit of $200 to Study Abroad Office
Date varies - Deadline for final payment of program fees to campus abroad
Late April, 2013 - Mandatory attendance at Pre-departure Orientation Meeting
May 10, 2013 - Deadline for payment of Leeward CC tuition credits via MyUH
* Deposit is non-refundable if student withdraws from program. Deposit WILL be returned IF program is cancelled by Leeward CC.
What’s the difference between Leeward CC programs and Affiliated programs?
- Leeward CC programs
These are programs that Leeward has set up with partner institutions abroad. Students pay Leeward tuition, and receive Leeward credits. These programs may or may not be accompanied by a Leeward faculty member.
- Affiliated programs
These are programs provided by Globalinks, a Study Abroad provider. As students from an Affiliated Institution, Leeward students receive a discount on the published price of these programs. NO Leeward tuition is paid for these programs, and students are responsible on their own for requesting transfer credits through the Leeward Admission & Records Office. The transfer of these credits is not facilitated or guaranteed by the Office of International Programs.
For more info, contact:
Steve Jacques, Study Abroad Coordinator
BE 109, lccintl [at] hawaii [dot] edu