Leeward CC Partner Institution Programs:
These are programs that Leeward has set up with partner institutions abroad. Students pay Leeward tuition, and receive Leeward credits.
Chiba (Tokyo), JAPAN
Japanese Language & Culture (JPNS 102, 201, 202)
- 5/22 - 6/16/2017 (4 weeks), $4000
- Program includes intensive language course at Josai International University, individual apartment accommodations, airport pickup/drop off, cultural activities, one weekend homestay
Korean Language & Culture (KOR 101, 102, 201)
- 7/12 - 8/11/2017 (5 weeks), $3000
- Program includes intensive Korean language course and Korean Studies course (in English) at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies International Summer Session, dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
Chinese Language & Culture (CHN 101, 102, 201)
- 7/9 - 8/4/2017 (4 weeks), $3500
- Program includes intensive language course at East China Normal University, dormitory accommodations, cultural activities and field trips
- East China Normal University offers 2 scholarships to Leeward students
Leeward CC Faculty-led programs:
Each year a few faculty members plan group trips to offer classes abroad. This year, Professor Didier Lenglare will be leading a group of students to Montréal, Canada. More for information, please visit Office of International Programs (BE 109)
These are programs provided by our partners, AIFS, Panrimo, API, and CISabroad and TEAN. As students from an Affiliated Institution, Leeward students receive a discount on the published price of these programs. NO Leeward tuition is paid for these programs, and students are responsible on their own for requesting transfer credits through the Leeward Admission & Records Office. The transfer of these credits is not facilitated or guaranteed by the Office of International Programs.
Summer and Semester-long programs throughout Australia & New Zealand, Asia, Latin American, and Europe (with scholarships available!)
AIFS – www.aifsabroad.com
API – www.apistudyabroad.com
Asia Exchange - www.asiaexchange.org
- Asia Exchange offers study abroad programs in various fields in interesting Asian destinations including 12 locations in total in six different countries. Leeward has agreed with Asia Exchange that more affordable European fees do apply instead of non-European fees. We guarantee that when you apply, you will receive acceptance decision within a week.
CISabroad – www.cisabroad.com
Panrimo – http://www.panrimo.com
- Our study abroad affiliates offer programs to: Argentina, Australia, Bhutan, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Scotland, Spain, United Arab Emirates
- Costs vary depending on location and program length
- Applications are available from BE-109.
- Two academic references are required.
- $200 non-refundable fee required after acceptance (covers administrative fees and travel health insurance)
Next steps and timeline for the Summer 2016 programs TBA:
Now – stop by BE-109 to pick up an application and 2 academic reference forms; get/renew your passport
For more info and announcements:
- "Like" our page: www.facebook.com/leewardCCinternational
- Make an appointment with Hannah Lee, Leeward's Study Abroad Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or stop by the Office of International Programs - 808-455-0570 - BE 109 - email@example.com