Scholarships are FREE money awarded to students based on merit (academic achievement) or financial need and they do not need to be repaid. There are many scholarships available and we can help you through the process which generally requires completion of an application, and may also require submission of essays, personal statements, and/or letters of recommendations.
Tips for Completing Scholarship Applications
Tips for Writing a Great Scholarship Essay
Tips on Scholarship Letters of Recommendation
Leeward Community College and UH System Common Scholarship Application
Apply for Leeward Community College and UH System scholarships with ONE online application! These scholarships are open to students who are admitted as a regular student attending any of the ten campuses of the University of Hawaii System. Check out the UH System Scholarships FAQ and Application Checklist for more information!
- For academic year, 2022-2023: October 1, 2021 - March 1, 2022
To apply, click the button below then scroll to the bottom of the web page.
You may search for Leeward CC and UH System Scholarships by campus and by keywords. Suggestions for keywords include programs, ethnicity, and donor.
There are many community groups and private organizations that offer scholarship opportunities to students. Students are encouraged to search for scholarships online and within their communities.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH - BEST PRACTICES AND TIPS
- Start your scholarship search EARLY and pay attention to deadlines.
- Applying for scholarships should be FREE. Do not pay to apply.
- Use caution if asked to provide sensitive information. You should not provide information such as your social security number, bank account information, or credit card information.
- Remember that not all scholarship websites are legitimate. Visit the Office of Inspector General website for more information on scholarship fraud and scams.
- If awarded a scholarship, you must inform the Financial Aid Office of your scholarship by providing a copy of your scholarship award. External scholarships must be taken into consideration to determine financial aid eligibility.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH DATABASES AND LOCAL COMMUNITY AND NATIONAL DONORS
Scholarship search databases:
Local and Native Hawaiian Scholarships: