Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture
Plant the Seed for a New Career.Do you enjoy working outdoors or growing plants? Are you concerned about food security and want to grow your own food? Are you also interested in a career that uses modern technology?
The Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture Program provides you the education and training to succeed in Hawaii's diversified agriculture and biotechnology workforce. It’s also a perfect start to a four year degree in bioscience, or developing your own agribusiness.
In this program, you will:
- learn botany, plant physiology, soil and water science as you grow a field crop from seed to seed.
- explore attractive career opportunities in agriculture and soil conservation.
- fulfill a natural science/lab requirement for the AA degree
- receive $500 stipend, if eligible.
- Associate in Science
- Certificate of Achievement
- Certificate of Competence
- Academic Subject Certificate
Contact our faculty or counselor to learn more about the program and to see if you’re eligible for the $500 stipend!
Program Coordinator Dr. Kabi Neupane
Office MS 107
kabi [at] hawaii [dot] edu
Program Counselor Amy Amper
Office GT 113
amyamper [at] hawaii [dot] edu
Explore other Science & Technology Options at Leeward
Leeward CC has one of the largest Math & Sciences divisions in the UH Community College system, offering more than 200 sections each semester in a variety of disciplines.