The installment plan is available only for the fall and spring terms. There is no installment payment plan for summer terms.
FALL 2016 – REGULAR TERM and/or FALL 2016 EXTENSION TERM
Continuing students may sign up for the Fall 2016 installment payment plan beginning July 1, 2016. New students may sign up AFTER registering for fall classes. Note: If you are enrolled in both the Fall 2016 Term and the Fall 2016 Extension Term, select only one payment plan to avoid paying the $30.00 fee twice. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR BOTH PLANS.
|Payment Plan Name||Enrollment
|4 Month Plan||July 1, 2016-
July 22, 2016
(4 pm HST)
|25%||3||August 31, September 23, October 21|
|3 Month Plan||July 23, 2016-
August 31, 2016
(4 pm HST)
|33.33%||2||September 23, October 21|
|2 Month Plan||September 1, 2016 –
September 23, 2016
(4 pm HST)
View UH FAQs for Student eCommerce Services for additional information.
Continuing students who cannot pay in full by the July 22, 2016 payment receipt deadline have the option to enroll in the 4-month payment plan to prevent disenrollment of their Fall 2016 classes. If you have been awarded financial aid for the current term (login to MyUH to see if you have an award for the Fall 2016 semester), you do not need to sign up for the payment plan by July 22. If you have met the terms of your awarded financial aid, your aid will automatically be applied as payment toward eligible charges. If a balance remains on your account after financial aid begins to disburse funds on August 12, 2016, you may sign up for the 3-month payment plan by August 31, 2016.
- Students must be registered for the current semester to sign up for a payment plan. Students will not be able to sign up for a payment plan if there is a past due balance on their student account from a previous term, or if there is a financial obligation hold on their account. Past due balances must be paid and financial obligations holds must be cleared prior to enrolling in a payment plan.
- Enrollment in the payment plan will not result in the removal of any financial obligation hold.
- Only students with a minimum unpaid balance of $300.00 may enroll in a payment plan.
- Once a student has enrolled in a payment plan, student is expected to pay all financial charges incurred and the student will not be dis-enrolled from classes.
- Installment payments are automatically scheduled when you sign up for a payment plan and will be deducted from your designated account on the scheduled payment dates. Be sure to have sufficient funds available in your bank account or on your card.
- eCheck or eSavings payments to the University of Hawaii and returned from the maker's bank for any reason (e.g. insufficient funds, closed bank account, incorrect bank information) will result in a $25.00 returned payment charge. DO NOT issue a STOP PAYMENT. A stop payment is a returned payment, it is not acknowledged as an official drop from courses or withdrawal from the University. Students should drop all classes before August 22, 2016 to avoid incurring financial charges.
- Students who fail to make full payment for any reason (e.g. insufficient funds, closed credit card, closed bank account) by the end of all scheduled payments will: 1) be dis-enrolled from the payment plan; 2) have a financial hold placed on their student account, and 3) be notified that full payment must be received within 15 days or sanctions will be imposed. If full payment is not received, the student's account may be referred to a collection agency and other sanctions as defined in University of Hawaii Administrative Rules, Chapter 20-10 will be imposed.
- All financial aid and scholarships received by the University shall be applied in full to a student's account balance at the time of receipt and the student's remaining payments in the plan will be reduced.
- Payment plans are not available to students whose account has been referred to the collection agency for unpaid balances from prior semesters.
$30 non-refundable fee per student per semester per plan to participate.
The University reserves the right to change or delete, supplement or otherwise amend at any time and without prior notice the information, requirements and policies contained in this document.