Leeward Community College
Programs of Study How to Apply Paying for College Services for Students About Leeward CC Catalog and Courses

Payment Other Details

for Students Receiving Certain Scholarships, Tuition Assistance and Loans

Complete and submit your Americorps vouchers online at https://my.americorps.gov. The Financial Aid Office will certify your form. When payment is received, the Cashier’s Office will post it to the student’s account.

The 9th RSC has received approval for the Pacific Reserve Education Program (PREP). Take your approved Form DA2171 to the Cashier’s Office at least 10 working days before the appropriate payment deadline. You are responsible for paying any remaining tuition and fees not covered by PREP. Contact your Army Reserve unit commander for more information.

The Hawai‘i National Guard Tuition Assistance Program is a reimbursement program. At the end of each semester, the National Guard will reimburse Guard members directly for tuition. Please contact your unit commanding officer for further information. Students are responsible for paying all tuition and fees by the appropriate payment deadline.

If your tuition is being paid by a third party sponsoring agency (e.g. World Health Organization, East-West Center, Alu Like, Vocational Rehabilitation, armed forces branch, State of Hawai‘i Department of Education, etc.), your third party payment will automatically be posted to your student account within 48 hours after you have registered. The sponsoring agency must submit the appropriate forms to each individual campus you are registering for. Your account information will be displayed on the Review My Charges/ Make an Online Payment page. You are responsible to pay the remaining tuition and/or fees by the appropriate payment receipt deadline. If the Cashier’s Office does not receive a letter of financial guarantee, purchase order or authorization letter from your sponsor at least 5 working days prior to the appropriate payment deadline, you must pay for your own tuition and fees. When the sponsor sends payment for the tuition and fees, the University will process a refund. If you have questions or want to confirm that your sponsor has met University billing requirements, please call the Cashier’s Office.

If the third party sponsoring agency does not make payment for your tuition for any reason after being billed by the University, you will be responsible for paying any unpaid balances on your student account. Failure to do so will result in sanctions for outstanding financial obligations being imposed on your student account.

Submit loan deferment forms to the Admissions and Records Office after tuition and fees are paid.

The U.S. Congress established federal tax credits for qualified college tuition and related expenses under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Information about the Hope and Lifetime Learning tax credits: contact your tax advisor.

All students, except non-resident aliens, who were charged qualified tuition and related expenses from January 1 to December 31 will receive a 1098-T tax form. This form will reflect amounts billed (not paid) for qualified tuition and related expenses and amounts paid for scholarship and grants during the previous calendar year.

The form is generally available via MyUH.

Note: You must provide your Social Security Number to the University. The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 requires the University to collect and use students’ Social Security Numbers or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) to report qualified tuition and related expenses billed to students and scholarship and grant payments made to students to the IRS each year


       Related Interest

Copyright 2011-2015 - University of Hawai'i Community Colleges - Leeward Community College
96-045 Ala Ike, Pearl City, Hawaii 96782 • Phone: (808) 455-0011
For inquiries related to this website, email: leeward@hawaii.edu

Map & Directions
Disclaimer | Accessibility