Leeward Community College is nominated in two categories in the 2010 Aloha United Way Spirit of Community Awards. Leeward is nominated for Learning Institution of the Year and Coordinator Team of the Year. The Spirit of Community Awards were established to recognize individuals and companies whose financial and in-kind support has allowed Aloha United Way to further its mission. Winners will be announced on April 8.
Nominees Learning Institution of the Year
- Leeward CC
- Maryknoll School
- UH Manoa Curriculum Research & Development Group
Coordinator Team of the Year
- Carlsmith Ball LLP
- First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.
- Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
- Leeward Community College
- Nordic PCL Construction, Inc.
- Territorial Savings Bank
- Tesoro Hawaii Corporation
- The Queen’s Health Systems