A new academic year 2017-2018 has arrived, and once again the College Convocation on Wednesday, August 16, 2017, has given us an opportunity to reconnect with our colleagues, welcome the new additions to our faculty and staff and our new student government leaders and to jump start what we all know will be another banner year of focusing on innovation and student success.
We enter this year
- finalizing the Institutional Self-Evaluation Report and preparing for the upcoming ACCJC Team Visit in 2018
- experiencing a stabilizing of enrollment after a substantial growth increase
- receiving the final version of the Long Range Development Plan, which will set the direction of our campus' bright future
- continuing the renovations on our Leeward Wai'anae Moku Education Center located in Ma'ili
- enjoying our role as the UH System leaders in the Early College and Open Educational Resources initiatives
- celebrating almost 50 years of serving the community.
I feel privileged to have been part of our Leeward CC ‘ohana from 1980 - 2007, in my roles as mathematics professor, Math and Sciences Division Chair and now as Chancellor of Leeward CC since 2007. I also feel privileged to be surrounded by talented, innovative, and caring faculty, staff and administrators who truly believe in doing what's in the best interests of our students in helping and supporting them to achieve academic, professional and personal success.
Links of Interest
Manny Cabral is the 10th CEO of Leeward Community College. Cabral began his career at Leeward in 1980 as a math instructor. In 1988, he became Division Chair of Math & Sciences. In 2007, he was appointed Interim Chancellor with his permanent appointment to the position approved in May, 2008.