Admissions & Records FAQ

If the question you have is not on our list, feel free to stop by AD 220 (during renovations located at DH-A 108)or send us an email

Questions and Answers

Admission is acceptance to the College which permits you to register for classes.
is selecting classes you want to attend.

To register for classes, you must first submit an application and be accepted to Leeward CC. When you're accepted for admission, you'll receive information on how to register for classes. Registration is done via the internet. Your registration is not complete until you have paid for all applicable tuition and fees.

To apply for admission to the College, you must apply online at:  See details on How to Apply.

To qualify for admission to the College, you must be 18 years of age by the first day of instruction, a high school graduate or have received a General Education Diploma (GED).

Transcripts from previously attended post-high school institutions are not required for admission purposes. Evaluating previous college credits is optional unless you are planning to apply for financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits.

Each applicant is advised that disclosure of his/her Social Security Number (SSN) is required as a condition for making application. SSN will be used to verify the identity of the applicant. For more information, see the Notice to Applicants for Admission section in the application instructions.

In efforts to protect your SSN, you will be assigned a student identification number. You will be informed of your student identification number in your acceptance letter. This number will be used in place of you SSN on class rosters and can be used as identification purposes within the University of Hawaii system.

Residency status is determined at the point of application submission. You will be notified of your residency status in your acceptance letter. This determination is for tuition purposes only and will determine the rate of tuition that you will be charged.

For more information about rules and regulations governing the determination of residency status, see the Rules and Regulations Governing Determination of Residency as Applied to Tuition Payments and Admission at All Institutions Under the Jurisdiction of the Board of Regents of the University of Hawaii
Questions and Answers About the University of Hawaii's Residency Requirements for Tuition Purposes.

The State Department of Health requires all students to be cleared of tuberculosis and provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubeola (MMR). TB and MMR documentation is not required for admission to the College but must be submitted before you can register for courses.

TB - ALL students enrolled at Leeward CC must have tuberculosis (TB) clearance. A negative TB skin test (PPD - Mantoux) within one year prior to your enrollment is required. Skin test results must be read in 48 to 72 hours. If positive, a chest x-ray is required. TB tests performed outside the United States, or skin testing using methods/materials other than PPD will not be accepted. Once you have met your TB clearance requirement, your clearance is valid for four years of continuous enrollment.

MMR - Two doses of measles vaccine are required, with at least one of the two being an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella). First dose must have been given as of January 1, 1968, AND on or after the first birthday. A second dose must have been given at least 4 weeks after the first dose. Measles, Mumps, and Rubella immunizations may be waived if: 1) Student was born before 1957, or 2) Serologic evidence of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.

For information,

You will either receive a request for more information or an email of acceptance. Included in your acceptance message will be information on orientation, placement testing and registration.

When a student is accepted for admission to a campus within the University of Hawaii system, that campus becomes their home campus/institution. This is usually the campus where the student is pursuing a degree of study. And, it is where they may apply for financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits.

To change home institutions, you must submit a completed Change of Home Institution Form to the Admissions/Records Office of the institution you want to designate as your new home.

Registration for classes and checking of grades are all done via MyUH Services, so it is important that you set up an account as soon as possible. Go to Username Management and click on *Get a UH Username! and enter the information requested. Access to your own personal account is usually available the same day.

If you forget your password, you will not be able to log into your account. You will be able to reset your password online if you can answer your two Secret Questions. You may also do an in-person password reset by contacting the Help Desk in LC 101. You may also contact them at 455-0271.

The Schedule of Courses changes every semester. You can see what classes are being offered and view class availability for all campuses within the University of Hawaii system at

The Catalog changes with each academic year (fall through summer) and can be found on our website. A Catalog can also be purchased at the Copy Center, GT 104.

Degree and certificate requirements are available in the campus Catalog and on all programs of study pages on our website

Evaluating previous college credits is optional unless you are planning to receive financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits. Or you may want to have your previous credits evaluated to determine what will transfer towards your academic goals at Leeward. Transcripts will be evaluated after:

  1. A completed Transcript Evaluation Request Form is submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.

  2. All transcripts listed on the form have been received by the Admissions and Records Office.

  3. You are currently enrolled (registered and paid) in at least one class within the UH system.

  4. Leeward Community College is your declared home institution.

Once the evaluation is complete, you can view your evaluation on your MyUH account.

All requests must be received in writing. See Transcripts for more details. Your academic transcript will include the courses and grades of all of your Leeward Community College courses to date.

A semester is a period when school is in session. At Leeward Community College we have fall, summer and spring semesters. Oftentimes, modular courses are offered within a semester. The length of these courses will vary. See the current Part of Term Table for details.

Fall –August through December
Spring –January through May
Summer –May through July (session I) and July through August (session II)

Once the semester has ended and grades have been processed, you can view your courses and grades on MyUH Services. To view your grades, sign in and click on or search for "View My final Grades."

We are located in the Administration building, parking level in AD 220 (during renovations located at DH-A 108).

Admissions (808) 455-0642
Records (808) 455-0645
Veterans Certifying Official (808) 455-0644
Fax (808) 454-8804
Email us