Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. It means you have met all the requirements to earn your degree or certificate.
To celebrate this achievement, Leeward holds a commencement ceremony once a year in mid-May. Whether you earn your degree at the end of the Spring, Summer or Fall semesters, we encourage you to participate our May commencement. You deserve this moment!
What You Need to Do:
Apply for Graduation
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an Application for Graduation. This online form will be available from the 8th week of the semester until the last day of instruction. After submitting the application, the fee will be reflected in your MyUH account.
- We strongly recommend that you to schedule a "Graduation Check" appointment with a counselor before applying.
- Complete and submit the online Application for Graduation.
Applications for a degree/certificate will be denied if all requirements have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An Incomplete or “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
Commencement Ceremony Information
To participate in the annual commencement ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- candidates must have completed and submitted the online graduation application by the published deadline.
A non-refundable $15 fee is required to participate in commencement. This fee also covers the cost of your diploma. You will receive one diploma written in English, one diploma written in 'olelo Hawaii and a diploma cover.
Learn more about the commencement ceremony and how you can be a part of this milestone event. We wish you continued success as you transition from a Leeward student to a Leeward graduate!