For entering students, Leeward uses a variety of ways to check your skill levels in English and math, so you'll be placed in the right level of those classes.
You can use any of the placement measures below. Additional placement testing may be necessary if you are ready to take a higher level math class. In that situation, you may take the Accuplacer test at our Test Center.
If one of the measures below leads to placement in a developmental education class, you have the option of taking a placement test if you think it will improve your placement.
Placement measures for entering students:
- Cumulative High School GPA
- 12th Grade English Grade
- 12th Grade Intro to College Math Grade
- 12th Grade Alg 3, Trig, or Pre Calc Grade
- Algebra II grade
- Algebra I grade
- ACT Writing / Math score
- SAT Writing / Math score
- HiSET Language Arts / Math score
- GED Language Arts / Math score
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (English)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment (math)
Please contact a Counselor if there are any questions about our placement measures.