The Office of International Programs seeks to support, promote and advance an international dimension on the Leeward campus to facilitate a greater appreciation of cross-cultural relations and international issues in order to assist the college to meet its mission of fostering students to become responsible global citizens locally, nationally, and internationally. To that end, the Office of International Programs encourages international students to study on its campus and supports quality programs that provide all students and faculty opportunities to participate in academic and cultural enrichment experiences abroad.
We do this by providing
- support to international students in the application, registration, and arrival processes
- continued monitoring of international student progress, success, and adherence to federal regulations for their duration of stay
- quality instruction in the English Language Institute for those needing English language preparation
- counseling and opportunities for Leeward students to study abroad
- logistical support for short-term visiting international groups
- leadership on international initiatives on campus