International Students: How to Apply
The staff of International Programs is here to help you every step of the way through the admissions process. You'll receive personal attention and guidance here at Leeward and become a valued and important member of our campus community. We look forward to meeting you!
Minimum Requirements for Degree Program:
- You must be 18 years of age
OR you must have completed high school or the equivalent
- You must have a minimum TOEFL score of 61iBT (500PBT), or IELTS score of 5.5, or STEP EIKEN 2A
OR you enroll and complete the Leeward English Language Institute.
To Apply, submit the following documents:
- UH-Leeward Community College International Student Application Form and Application Instructions. See our Forms Page
- Nonrefundable Application fee of $25 (credit program) or $100 (English Language Institute)
- Bank Statement: The person responsible for payment must: 1) sign the financial support statement on the application and 2) send bank verification of sufficient funds with currency converted to US dollars. For dollar amount needed please refer to Section 5 of the application. Copies of bank statements are acceptable for application processing, but originals must be provided upon arrival. (Exception: U.S. Sponsors must provide original documents.)
- A Copy of Your Passport: Required to verify the correct spelling and punctuation of your name.
- If under 18 years of age, certification of high school completion.
- If applying directly to credit program, test scores must be sent directly to Leeward CC International Programs Office. You must have a minimum TOEFL score of 61iBT (500PBT), or IELTS score of 5.5, or STEP EIKEN 2A, or ITEP 4.
For Students Transferring from any U.S. college or university:
- Submit the Transfer In form, completed and signed by your current U.S. institution. See our Forms Page
- Submit a copy of I-20 from your current U.S. institution.
- Students who have attended a college or university prior to Leeward may be eligible to transfer some or all of their credits for use towards a Leeward degree. Requests for evaluation of such credits may be made after acceptance and the initial advising appointment.
- TOEFL Requirement: If you have completed English 100 or an equivalent course at a U.S. university/college, the TOEFL requirement may be waived. Submit a copy of your transcripts with your application and contact us for more information.
Forms: See our Forms Page
- International Student Application Form Instructions
- International Student Application Form
- Transfer In Form (for students transferring from a U.S. institution)
- To Apply to the English Language Institute
Mail or Fax ALL of the documents to:
Leeward Community College
96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City, Hawaii 96782
Fax to (808) 455-0568
To Contact us : Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (808) 455-0570
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. However, we strongly recommend applying 3 months before the start of a semester (credit) and at least 2 months before the beginning of a session for the Intensive English Program.