We are currently evaluating these databases, which we are considering subscribing to in the future.Please help us out by trying them out, and filling out our feedback form.
- Ancestry Library Edition (Available until December 11, 2015)
- Ancestry Library Edition is a new genealogy research tool created for the library market and provides patrons instant access to a wide range of unique resources for genealogical and historical research. With more than 1.5 billion names in over 4,000 databases, Ancestry Library Edition includes records from the United States Census; military records; court, land and probate records; vital and church records; directories; passenger lists and more.
- EBSCOhost Communication & Mass Media Complete (Available until December 22, 2015)
- Communication & Mass Media Complete provides the most robust, quality research solution in areas related to communication and mass media. CMMC incorporates the content of CommSearch (formerly produced by the National Communication Association) and Mass Media Articles Index (formerly produced by Penn State) along with numerous other journals in communication, mass media, and other closely-related fields of study to create a research and reference resource of unprecedented scope and depth encompassing the breadth of the communication discipline. CMMC offers cover-to-cover ("core") indexing and abstracts for more than 570 journals, and selected ("priority") coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 770 titles. Furthermore, this database includes full text for over 450 journals.
- Kanopy Streaming Videos (Available until November 30, 2015)
- Kanopy has a broad collection with over 26,000 films from 800 top producers such as Criterion Collection, New Day Films, California Newsreel, Kino Lorber, PBS, First Run Features, Media Education Foundation, and The Great Courses. With Kanopy's patron-driven acquisition program, we only pay for videos that are heavily used.