Handouts and guides prepared by the library to help people use library resources and services.
General Handouts and GuidesInformation on using research databases, citation formats, etc.
- APA Reference List – APA-style citations for reference lists. Based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition (Rev. March 2014)
- MLA Citation Format for Print & Non-Web Sources – Based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
- MLA Citation Format for Web Publications – Based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
- Hawaiʻi Voyager – Using the online library catalog to find books and other materials (Rev. July 2010. Note that since then, the UH West Oʻahu Library has moved to its own building, and therefore our Quick Limit no longer includes their collection.)
- Leeward CC Library Brochure – General information about the library (Rev. August 2014)
- Library Instruction Program Information Sheet for Faculty (Rev. January 2015)
Please also visit the Library Blog.
Online Subject Research Guides
The librarians also create research guides, with advice for doing research on particular topics, on the LibGuides system.