Listed here are special events taking place at the library, and workshops conducted by the library that are open for anyone to attend.
- Hawaii Digital Newspaper Program – Tuesday, February 4, 1:30 pm
- A demonstration of the HDNP by project manager Jennifer Beamer. In the library instruction area on the third floor.
- Introduction to Ulukau: the Hawaiian Electronic Library – February (Multiple Dates)
- A 90-minute research-skills workshop on using the online Hawaiian resource materials at Ulukau. Sessions will be held at the library and at Leeward CC Waiʻanae. Seating is limited – please e-mail the presenter, Keikilani Meyer, at email@example.com, to reserve your seat. More information.
Open sessions at Pearl City: 2/13 at 9:00 am, 2/18 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, and 2/26 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. Sessions at Waiʻanae: 2/6 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, 2/11 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, 2/12 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, and 2/15 at 10:00 am.
- Women's History Month Film Screening – Thursday, March 20, 2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
- In keeping with the theme "Celebrating Women of Character, Courage, and Commitment", Hālau ʻIke O Puʻuloa, the Library, and Women's Studies are pleased to host a screening of Keepers of the Flame: Cultural Legacy of Three Hawaiian Women, in the Reference, Research and Reading Room, on the second floor of the Learning Commons building. More information.
- SC Workshop: Research Tips – Tuesday, April 1, noon - 12:50 pm
- A Success Connection workshop presented by librarian Jue Wang. Room LC 102 on the ground floor of the Learning Commons building.
- National Library Week – April 14-17
- Lives change @ your library. Join us as we celebrate all things library with rap battles, deconstructed books, and bookish cuisine. More information.
- Reading by Matthew Kaopio – Wednesday, April 23, noon - 1:00 pm
- A reading event celebrating Hawaiʻi, Pacific, and local literature, featuring Matthew Kaopio, author of Hawaiian Family Legends, Written in the Sky, and Up Among the Stars. In the Reference, Research, and Reading Room. More information.
- Finals Countdown – April 30, May 1, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Get ready for the home stretch of the semester. Research assistance, faculty office hours, financial aid and academic guidance, extended Writing Center hours, pizza, ice cream, and KiMOBEAN open until 8. More information.
- Extended End-of-Semester Hours – April 30 - May 8
- Wednesday April 30 and Thursday May 1, 7:30am - 10:00 pm; Friday May 2, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm; Monday May 5 through Wednesday May 7, 7:30 am - 8:00 pm; Thursday May 8, 7:30 am - 7:00 pm.
If you want to see when library instruction sessions for specific classes are scheduled, you can take a look at the librarians' calendar.
To see what else is happening in the library, check out the What's New in the Library page.Past library events.