The Library is now part of the Learning Commons, along with the Learning Resource Center, the Writing Center, the Kākoʻo ʻIke Program, and the Information Technology Group Help Desk and Test Center. KiMOBEAN, a coffee shop selling various food and beverage items, is located within the Learning Commons facility.
Services, Resources, & Policies
- Circulation Services
- The Circulation Department puts the library materials you need into your hands. This is where you go to do things like borrow books and other materials, or pay for library fines.
- Reference Services
- Librarians will help you find information, and teach you how to find the information you need.
- Collections at the Leeward CC Library
- Library books and other materials are organized into the collections described here. This page tells you where library materials you find in the online catalog are located.
- Research Databases and Online Information Sources
- For the library's catalog, research databases, online reference works, and other electronic publications, please visit the Research Tools page.
- Other Services and Resources
- Information about resources including computers and laptops, computer printing, and copy machines.
- Services for Distance Education Students
- Information about library services and resources for students learning at locations distant from campus.
- Services for Leeward CC Waiʻanae Students
- Information about library services and resources for students at the Leeward CC at Waiʻanae Education Center.
- Services for Faculty
- How to have a librarian do a presentation for your class, suggest materials to add to the library's collection, put materials in the Reserve Collection, etc. See which librarian is assigned to serve each subject area.
- Services for the General Public
- Information about the Community Card, which allows people who aren't UH students, staff, or faculty to borrow books.
- Library Policies
- Collected here are policies about acceptable behavior, borrowing, computer use, and more.
- Bonus Tracks
- Library projects that don't fit well anywhere else.
More Ways to Learn About the Library
- The Handout Rack
- Collected here are handouts and guides published by the library.
- LibGuides Research Guides
- The librarians have created online guides for doing research on different topics on the LibGuides system.
- Frequently-asked questions about the library and its services and policies.
- Glossary of Library Terms
- Library language translated into regular English.
Other Leeward CC Library Websites
- The Back-Up Website – Bookmark this site now: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~lccref is a back-up web page with links to our research databases, which you can use if this website is unavailable.
- Mobile Website – For smartphone users, http://www.leeward.hawaii.edu/lib/m gives easy access to library hours, location, contact info, etc. Search the online library catalog and view your library account. Search research databases that have mobile interfaces, and view LibGuides. You can access the mobile website by scanning an on-screen QR code.
- Other Libraries
- Some of the materials and resources you need may be available at other Hawaiʻi libraries that you can use.
The University of Hawaiʻi – West Oʻahu Library, formerly located within the Leeward CC Library, has moved to the new UHWO campus in Kapolei.
The library has Student Learning Outcomes it uses to assess its performance.
You can make a gift to the library through the UH Foundation.
To submit a comment or suggestion to the library, please visit this page.