Online Library Catalogs
Search for information on the Internet. Learn more.
Internet Search Sites
779-220-0379, or chat online.
- Back-Up Website
- http://www2.hawaii.edu/~lccref is a back-up web page with links to our research databases, which you can use if this website is unavailable. Bookmark the site today.
- Mobile Library Website
- http://www.leeward.hawaii.edu/lib/m is designed for smartphones. Search the library catalog, mobile-enabled research databases, and view LibGuides. View the QR code.
Search for information from a broad range of different publications. Learn more.
Online Research Databases
Periodical Search Tools
- EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Academic Search Premier, and other EBSCO databases, providing articles from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and other publications.
- Articles from Elsevier science journals.
- Hawaiʻi & Pacific-Region Periodicals
Learn more about finding information from Hawaiʻi/Pacific periodicals in print and electronic format, including links to Hawaiʻi publications and periodical content sources.
- Hawaiʻi Newspaper Index — Index to The Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star-Bulletin, going back to 1989 (online index) and 1929-1994 (printed index). Not a full-text database.
- ProQuest News & Newspapers — Full-text articles from The Honolulu Advertiser (Nov. 30, 2002 - June 6, 2010), Honolulu Star-Bulletin (March 18, 1996 - June 6, 2010), and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser (June 7, 2010 - present).
- Hawaiʻi Pacific Journal Index — An index to newpapers, magazines, and journals published in Hawaiʻi and the Pacific region. Not a full-text database.
E-Book Search Tools
- Credo Reference
- Articles from hundreds of reference books and other sources.
- More than 86,000 electronic books you can read on your computer. ebrary titles can also be found by searching in Hawaiʻi Voyager.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection
- Includes University of Hawaiʻi Press titles that used to be available from NetLibrary.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An electronic bookshelf of reference books published by Gale.
- Ulukau: The Hawaiian Electronic Library
- Searchable digitized books about Hawaiʻi, in Hawaiian and in English. Also, historical Hawaiian-language newspapers, photographs, videos, and more.
Library Full-Text Periodical Titles List
These are individual online periodicals and reference sources subscribed to by the library.
Subscribed Online Resources
- Capstone Interactive Library
- Interactive eBooks that develop reading skills for ESL/ELI students.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Online version of the newspaper for college faculty and administrators.
- CollegeSource Online
- College catalogs, describing courses and programs, from schools around the world.
- CQ Researcher
- Comprehensive reports on current issues.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Information about the lives and work of thousands of authors.
- Encylopædia Britannica Online Academic
- Online version of the classic encyclopedia.
- Ethnographic Video Online: Volume III, Indigenous Voices
- Ethnographic films, documentaries, feature films, and fieldwork studying human culture and society.
- Facts on File Databases
- The history databases American History Online, Ancient and Medieval History Online, and Modern World History Online; the current affairs database Issues & Controversies; the science database Today's Science; and streaming video from Films on Demand, from Facts on File.
- Films on Demand
- Streaming educational videos: History and Careers & Job Search Collections.
- Issues & Controversies
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Facts on File.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Gale.
- Online version of Science Magazine.
- Today's Science
- Science news written especially for students, from Facts on File.
We have a trial subscription to this database. More details about this database are available. Please help us out by trying it out, and filling out our feedback form.
Databases We're Trying Out
- EBSCOhost eBook Community College Collection (Until Mar. 5, 2015)
- A multidisciplinary collection focused on the academic and trade information needs of community colleges.