Online Library Catalogs
Search for information on the Internet. Learn more.
Internet Search Sites
779-220-0379, or chat online.
- Back-Up Website
- http://www2.hawaii.edu/~lccref is a back-up web page with links to our research databases, which you can use if this website is unavailable. Bookmark the site today.
- Mobile Library Website
- http://www.leeward.hawaii.edu/lib/m is designed for smartphones. Search the library catalog, mobile-enabled research databases, and view LibGuides. View the QR code.
Search for information from a broad range of different publications. Learn more.
Online Research Databases
Periodical Search Tools
- EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Academic Search Premier, and other EBSCO databases, providing articles from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and other publications.
- Articles from Elsevier science journals.
- Hawaiʻi & Pacific-Region Periodicals
Learn more about finding information from Hawaiʻi/Pacific periodicals in print and electronic format, including links to Hawaiʻi publications and periodical content sources.
- Hawaiʻi Newspaper Index — Index to The Honolulu Advertiser and Honolulu Star-Bulletin, going back to 1989 (online index) and 1929-1994 (printed index). Not a full-text database.
- ProQuest News & Newspapers — Full-text articles from The Honolulu Advertiser (Nov. 30, 2002 - June 6, 2010), Honolulu Star-Bulletin (March 18, 1996 - June 6, 2010), and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser (June 7, 2010 - present).
- Hawaiʻi Pacific Journal Index — An index to newpapers, magazines, and journals published in Hawaiʻi and the Pacific region. Not a full-text database.
E-Book Search Tools
- Credo Reference
- Articles from hundreds of reference books and other sources.
- More than 86,000 electronic books you can read on your computer. ebrary titles can also be found by searching in Hawaiʻi Voyager.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection
- Includes University of Hawaiʻi Press titles that used to be available from NetLibrary.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An electronic bookshelf of reference books published by Gale.
- Ulukau: The Hawaiian Electronic Library
- Searchable digitized books about Hawaiʻi, in Hawaiian and in English. Also, historical Hawaiian-language newspapers, photographs, videos, and more.
Library Full-Text Periodical Titles List
These are individual online periodicals and reference sources subscribed to by the library.
Subscribed Online Resources
- Capstone Interactive Library
- Interactive eBooks that develop reading skills for ESL/ELI students.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Online version of the newspaper for college faculty and administrators.
- CollegeSource Online
- College catalogs, describing courses and programs, from schools around the world.
- CQ Researcher
- Comprehensive reports on current issues.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Information about the lives and work of thousands of authors.
- Encylopædia Britannica Online Academic
- Online version of the classic encyclopedia.
- Ethnographic Video Online: Volume III, Indigenous Voices
- Ethnographic films, documentaries, feature films, and fieldwork studying human culture and society.
- Facts on File Databases
- The history databases American Women's History Online, Ancient and Medieval History Online, and Modern World History Online; the current affairs database Issues & Controversies; the science database Today's Science; and streaming video from Films on Demand, from Facts on File.
- Films on Demand
- Streaming educational videos: History and Careers & Job Search Collections.
- Issues & Controversies
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Facts on File.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Gale.
- Online version of Science Magazine.
- Today's Science
- Science news written especially for students, from Facts on File.
We have trial subscriptions to these databases. More details about these databases are available. Please help us out by trying them out, and filling out our feedback form.