Search many of the library's information resources at once. Learn more
See the OneSearch
page for additional information and search options.
Online Library Catalogs
Search for books, videos, and other materials in the library's collections.
- Hawaiʻi Voyager
LCC Library's catalog. Also find materials in other University of Hawaiʻi libraries.
- Public Library Catalog
- Search for materials at the Hawaii State Public Library System
- The Handout Rack
- Handouts and guides published by the library.
- Subject-specific research guides prepared by Leeward CC librarians.
Database & E-Resource Lists
Online Research Databases
Search for information from a broad range of different publications.
Periodical Search Tools
- EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Academic Search Complete, and other EBSCO databases, providing articles from thousands of magazines, journals, newspapers, and other publications.
- Articles from Elsevier science journals.
- Hawaiʻi & Pacific-Region Periodicals
Learn more about finding information from Hawaiʻi/Pacific periodicals in print and electronic format, including links to Hawaiʻi publications and periodical content sources.
- Hawaiʻi Newspaper Index —
Index to The Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, and Honolulu Star-Advertiser, going back to 1989 (online index) and 1929-1994 (printed index). Not a full-text database.
- ProQuest News & Newspapers —
Full-text articles from The Honolulu Advertiser (Nov. 30, 2002 - June 6, 2010), Honolulu Star-Bulletin (March 18, 1996 - June 6, 2010), and the Honolulu Star-Advertiser (June 7, 2010 - present).
- Hawaiʻi Pacific Journal Index —
An index to newpapers, magazines, and journals published in Hawaiʻi and the Pacific region. Not a full-text database.
E-Book Search Tools
- Capstone Interactive Library
- Interactive eBooks that develop reading skills.
- Credo Reference
- Articles from hundreds of reference books and other sources.
- More than 86,000 electronic books you can read on your computer. ebrary titles can also be found by searching in Hawaiʻi Voyager.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collections
- Focuses on the academic and trade information needs of community colleges. Also includes University of Hawaiʻi Press titles that used to be available from NetLibrary.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- An electronic bookshelf of reference books published by Gale.
- Ulukau: The Hawaiian Electronic Library
- Searchable digitized books about Hawaiʻi, in Hawaiian and in English. Also, historical Hawaiian-language newspapers, photographs, videos, and more.
Library Full-Text Periodical Titles List
- SFX OpenURL Link Resolver
- Lists full-text periodicals and e-books available from the library's different research databases. Learn more.
Subscribed Online Resources
These are individual online periodicals and reference sources subscribed to by the library.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Online version of the newspaper for college faculty and administrators.
- CollegeSource Online
- College catalogs, describing courses and programs, from schools around the world.
- CQ Researcher
- Comprehensive reports on current issues.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Information about the lives and work of thousands of authors.
- Encylopædia Britannica Online Academic
- Online version of the classic encyclopedia.
- Ethnographic Video Online: Volume III, Indigenous Voices
- Ethnographic films, documentaries, feature films, and fieldwork studying human culture and society.
- Facts on File Databases
- The history databases American History Online, Ancient and Medieval History Online, and Modern World History Online; the current affairs database Issues & Controversies; the science database Today's Science; and streaming video from Films on Demand, from Facts on File.
- Films on Demand
- Streaming educational videos: History and Careers & Job Search Collections.
- Issues & Controversies
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Facts on File.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Available on-campus only.)
- Presenting different sides of current issues, from Gale. (There is a technical problem with off-campus access.)
- ProQuest Research Companion
- Guides you through the process of finding, evaluating, and using information.
- Online version of the journal Science.
- Today's Science
- Science news written especially for students, from Facts on File.