In addition to services listed on the Circulation Services
and the Reference Services
pages, and our collections of library materials
and online research tools
, the library has these other services and resources.
These services are no longer available at the library:
Computers – Desktops, Laptops, and iPads
- Desktop computers are available throughout the library. Most are Windows computers; some are Macs. They can be used for performing online research and for working on course assignments using Microsoft Office applications. You do not need to sign up to use the computers. Some computer stations use a wireless network connection — you need to use your UH username and password to log-in to the wireless system.
Leeward CC students can borrow laptop computers from the Circulation Desk for use on campus for up to four hours.
Most are Windows; a few are Macs.
Laptops have web browsers and Microsoft Office applications. Laptop use is governed by the
Electronic Device Use Policy.
Overdue fines are charged for laptops not returned when due. Laptops must be returned before the library closes.
Library desktop and laptop computers have special security software that automatically erases anything saved to the hard drive when the computer is restarted, including reboots of frozen computers. You should save your work on a USB memory device. Other options for saving your work include a cloud storage serviceor e-mailing your files to yourself, although using a USB drive will give you a better chance at recovering your work in the event of a computer malfunction or a power failure.
iPads are now available for up to four hours.
For people with impaired vision, we have one computer with the ZoomText screen magnifying program, and one computer with the JAWS screen reader.
The UH Information Technology Resources policy governs usage of all library computers.
- Wireless Internet Access
- The campus wireless network system is available on both floors of the library. Connect to the system named "LEE". Start a web browser to view the login screen for the wireless system, and log in with your UH username and password.
See the Information Technology Group's wireless page for more information, including how to register your personally-owned devices for wireless access without having to log in.
- Computer Printing
Printing is available from desktop and laptop computers in the Learning Commons. To pay for printouts, you need to establish a printing account, which will be accessed through your UH number. Black & white laser prints and copies cost 10¢, color prints and copies cost 75¢.
We are in the process of changing over to a new print management system. Please see this blog post for details
- The library has two copying machines, one on each floor. Copies cost 10¢ for B&W, 75¢ for color. You need to have a printing account to make copies.
- The library has microfilm reader/printer machines that can view and make printouts from 16mm and 35mm microfilm rolls and microfiche sheets.
The Learning Commons has three rooms for small groups of students (three people or more) to study or work on projects. Study Rooms 1 & 2 are off the main room on the second floor, Study Room 3 is inside the Learning Resource Center. Rooms can be used for one hour (can be extended for up to two additional hours, if available). A study room can be reserved up to two weeks in advance. Sign up to use a study room at the Technology Circulation Desk by the Learning Commons entrance (Study Rooms 1 & 2) or the LRC (Study Room 3). View the study room policies.
Video Viewing Stations
- The Library has video viewing stations for watching videotapes and DVDs. You can get headphones and remote controls for the video players and TVs
at the Circulation Desk. The library's laptop computers, and some of the desktop computers, also have DVD drives.
Videos of Televised Leeward CC Courses
- On behalf of the Educational Media Center, the Library makes available videorecordings of Leeward CC courses that are televised over cable TV. Only currently-offered courses are available, although the recording may be of a previous offering of the course. You can get course videos at the Circulation Desk. The videos must be viewed in the library. The videos are not listed in the library's online catalog.
SC Workshop Videos
- Videos of the Learning Resource Center's Success Connection Workshops are available for online viewing through the LRC's video page, on computers with wired network connections inside the library building.
- Discontinued: The Library no longer collects course outlines. The instructional divisions may make outlines available for the courses they offer.
- Scantron Machines
- Moved: The Scantron testform scoring machines are now located in room PS-204 and the Arts & Humanities division office in room FA-109.
Automatic Teller Machines
- Moved: The campus ATM machines, which were located inside the library prior to the creation of the Learning Commons, have been permanently relocated to the cafeteria.