Handouts and guides prepared by the library to help people use library resources and services.
General Handouts and GuidesInformation on using research databases, Information Literacy tutorials and testing, citation formats, etc.
- Information Literacy Exam for ENG 22 – Instructions for registering for the exam in Laulima
- Information Literacy Exam for ENG 100 – Instructions for registering for the exam in Laulima
- APA Citation Format (currently under revision) – Based on the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition
Please consult the Purdue OWL APA guide until our handout is available.
- MLA Citation Format for Print & Non-Web Sources – Based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
- MLA Citation Format for Web Publications – Based on the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
- Chronicle of Higher Education – Online version of the newspaper for college faculty and administrators
- CQ Researcher – Comprehensive reports on current issues (Rev. August 2010)
- EBSCOhost (Rev. July 2010)
- Hawaiʻi Pacific Journal Index
- Hawaiʻi Voyager – Using the online library catalog to find books and other materials (Rev. July 2010)
- ScienceDirect – Articles from Elsevier science journals
- Copy Card Information – The brochure given to purchasers of Copy Cards
- Leeward CC Laptop User Agreement (Rev. May 2013)
- Leeward CC iPad User Agreement (Rev. May 2013)
- Leeward CC Library Brochure – General information about the library (Rev. August 2012)
- Library Services for Faculty (Fall 2012)
Online Subject Guides
The librarians also create research guides, with advice for doing research on particular topics, on the LibGuides system.