Leeward CC Wai‘anae Services
At Leeward CCW, we offer a variety of services to help you be successful. Please let us know how we can assist you.
A full range of counseling services is offered to students, including:
- orientation to college programs and activities
- assistance with filling out application forms
- academic advising
- career path planning
- financial aid information and assistance
Please call (808)696-6378 to make an appointment.
Study and Testing Center
The center provides the following free services and resources:
- One-to-one or group tutorial assistance to registered students in several subject areas, including reading, writing, math, and computers
- Library materials and other types of resources can be checked out or used in the LRC
- Learning assistive technology to aid students who have various learning challenges
- COMPASS placement testing, as well as proctoring for system-wide WEBCT and traditional course tests
- Handouts on various topics such as handling test anxiety, taking notes, and study techniques
- Various learning skills workshops are offered throughout the year.
To learn more about the COMPASS test, what it is and how to prepare for it, please watch the following video:
Online tutoring is available through SMARThinking. Start with the online tutoring http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/smarthinking/
Tips for College Success
Fall 2009 Edition - pdf
Need help with your math homework, writing assignments or ICS projects? Come see our knowledgeable and enthusiastic peer tutors. Free tutoring is available at the Leeward CC-Wai‘anae Learning Resource Center for any registered students in the UH system.
Tutoring is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and may be timed to accomodate all students. Scott and Emi are also available for tutoring at other times in the LRC.
Leeward CC Library Book Requests
Leeward CC-Wai‘anae students can search for books online from the Leeward CC Library and check them out at Leeward CCW. Student must have a valid Leeward CC ID to borrow books from the library. Just indicate in the comments window that you will be picking your books up at Leeward CCW and in a few days, your book should be ready for pick up. When it is due, just bring it back to Leeward CCW. Click here for detailed instructions or see our staff in the Leeward CCW Learning Resource Center (LRC).