Leeward CC Wai‘anae Services
At Leeward CCW, we offer a variety of services to help you be successful. Please let us know how we can assist you.
A full range of counseling services is offered to students, including:
- orientation to college programs and activities
- assistance with filling out application forms
- academic advising
- career path planning
- financial aid information and assistance
Please contact the Front Desk to make an appointment at 474-4702.
Study and Testing Center
The center provides the following free services and resources:
- One-to-one or group tutorial assistance to registered students in several subject areas, including reading, writing, math, and computers
- Library materials and other types of resources can be checked out or used in the SCT
- Learning assistive technology to aid students who have various learning challenges
- COMPASS placement testing, as well as proctoring for system-wide Laulima and traditional course tests
- Handouts on various topics such as handling test anxiety, taking notes, and study techniques
- Various learning skills workshops are offered throughout the year.
To learn more about the COMPASS test, what it is and how to prepare for it, please watch the following video:
Online tutoring is available through Brainfuse. To access oline tutoring, login to your MyUH account and click on "My Tools."
Tips for College Success
Spring 2013 Edition - pdf
Need help with your math homework, writing assignments or ICS projects? Come see our knowledgeable and enthusiastic peer tutors. Free tutoring is available at the Leeward CC-Wai‘anae Learning Resource Center for any registered students in the UH system.
Tutoring is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and may be timed to accommodate all students.
Leeward CC Library Book Requests
Leeward CC-Wai‘anae students can search for books online from the Leeward CC Library and check them out at Leeward CCW. Student must have a valid Leeward CC ID to borrow books from the library. Just indicate in the comments window that you will be picking your books up at Leeward CCW and in a few days, your book should be ready for pick up. When it is due, just bring it back to Leeward CCW. Click here for detailed instructions or see our staff in the Leeward CCW Learning Resource Center (LRC).