IPO-Health Insurance Options
All applicants must complete the Health Insurance Enrollment Form and email or fax this form to the International Programs Office prior to enrollment. Health Insurance is a requirement of all International Students enrolled at Leeward CC.
Option 1: HTH Worldwide Health Insurance ($78.50 USD per month)
To purchase this insurance BEFORE U.S. arrival, complete the following 8 steps:
- Go to www.hthstudents.com
- On the right side of the page you will see "Enroll in your school or organization's group plan" and enter the group access code GHW-16428 and submit.
- Next, you must select "I Agree" to the terms and conditions of the insurance.
- Next, the top of the page should read "Leeward Community College." Select "New" and click "Next."
- Fill in the required information [everything that is bold] and submit. The dates of coverage should reflect enough coverage for at least the term you are enrolling. It is recommended purchasing coverage for at least six months from the arrival date in the U.S.
- If you do not have a United States address, you can use the Leeward Community College address and update with your new address after you arrive.
Address Line 1: 96-045 Ala Ike Address Line 2: International Programs Office City: Pearl City Zip: 96782 State: Hawaii
- Fill in the required payment information.
- Print a receipt. An insurance card will be sent to the address provided and can also be downloaded from the HTH website.
Option 2: HMSA Blue Cross/Blue Shield Insurance ($986.80 per semester as of Spring 2012)
HSMA is a comprehensive health insurance available to qualifying students of all University of Hawaii campuses. This health insurance can be purchased at www.hmsa.com/portal/?gid=student
Option 3: Insurance Plan from a country outside the U.S.
A detailed insurance policy [translated in English] must be emailed, faxed or sent to Leeward CC International Programs Office for approval. DO NOT purchase an insurance plan until approval has been given.
Insurance plan must meet or exceed the following University of Hawaii system requirements:
- Comprehensive medical coverage = at least $100,000 USD per accident/illness
- Inpatient/Outpatient medical (including mental health) coverage at no less than 75% usual/customary charge (UCC)
- Repatriation coverage = at least $7,500 USD
- Medical evacuation coverage to home country = at least $10,000 USD
- No more than $500 USD deductible per accident or illness
- Waiting period for per-existing conditions no longer than 6 months
|Health Insurance Enrollment Form 2012 (pdf) revised: 6/27/12||266.04 KB|