The purpose of this program is to provide Administrative Support Group members (clerical staff) the opportunity to:
1) improve their job effectiveness with one-on-one assistance with mentors and
2) to job shadow to understand other job/office functions.
Mentor: Clerical staff member (with approval of supervisor) willing to mentor on specific topics or provide job shadow opportunities.
Learner: Any clerical staff member at Leeward Community College.
- Clerical staff member will request a mentor from a list of mentors and their corresponding topic of experience or office function. If a topic of interest or office is not listed, the Learner should contact the Innovation Center for Teaching & Learning at ext. 483 or by email at email@example.com, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Complete the LAMP Request form and send to the Innovation Center for Teaching & Learning by email or hard copy.
- The requested Mentor will be contacted and within a week the Mentor will set up a meeting time with you. If a Mentor is not available, the Innovation Center for Teaching & Learning will contact you to discuss other alternatives.
- Learner and mentor will meet for approximately one-two hours to collaborate on the topic of interest or to job shadow in the mentor’s office.
- To improve this program, you will be asked to complete the anonymous feedback form that will be sent to you.
- Three months after the mentoring, you will receive a follow-up questionnaire on the learning outcomes of this program. Please return the form to the Innovation Center for Teaching & Learning.
If you have questions, concerns, or would like to find out more about being a mentor, please contact:
Cindy Martin, ICTL, ext. 483, firstname.lastname@example.org