Associate in Science Information and Computer Science Program Outcomes
In addition to acquiring the competencies required for Associate of Science degrees, upon successful completion of this program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate computing literacy.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the functioning of a computer’s operating system.
- Solve problems, develop algorithms, and write structured computer programs in at least two programming languages.
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the mathematics used in computing science.
- Effectively communicate in written and oral form, a system solution its documentation, and its implementation.
- Use project management tools to manage information systems development projects.
- Work effectively as part of a group/team.
- Demonstrate the principles of accounting.
- Understand the principles and terminology of computer networking.
Based on selection of an area of specialty, the student will further be able to:
- Write object-oriented computer programs at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of computer networking and microcomputer maintenance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer networking and Internet applications.