Before registering for classes, Tuberculosis (TB) and Immunization clearances must be submitted.
You may be accepted to Leeward CC without the required clearances, but you will not be able to register for classes until the clearances are received.
- Student Health Center: AD 223
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, by appointment only (no walk-ins)
- Phone: 455-0515 (call to schedule an appointment)
- Fax: 455-0267
- Student Health Center website
In compliance with public health regulations, new students must show evidence that they are free of active tuberculosis before they are allowed to register for courses.
TB clearances done at the age of 16 or older will be accepted.
The following TB Clearances will be accepted.
- State of Hawaii TB Risk Assessment Form F
- Negative PPD skin test or Negative Chest X-ray done in the United States
- Negative QuantiFERON blood test.
TB clearances may be obtained from
- Private physicians or medical clinics
- Leeward CC Student Health Center
- Free testing is available at the State of Hawaii Tuberculosis Control Program clinics.
Note: TB Clearance policies are subject to change; check with the Admissions Office for the most current information.
A record of immunizations, signed or stamped by a U.S. licensed practitioner (physician, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, or Physician Assistant) or the Hawai‘i Department of Health, must be presented for school attendance.
- 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) required if born after year 1956
(Although positive titers for Measles and for Rubella are accepted, the Hawaii DOH does not accept the Mumps titers.
Therefore, documentation of 2 MMRs are required.)
- 1 dose of Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (Tdap) on or after age 10
- 2 doses of Chicken pox /Varicella (Varivax) required if born in U.S. after year 1979
Students are strongly advised to turn in their Health Clearances PRIOR to attending their New Student Advising, so that they will be able to register during the appointment.
- From any web browser, go to: https://www.hawaii.edu/filedrop
- Click on the green box on the right side of the screen asking you to login.
- Click the Login Here link, and login using your UH username and password.
- After you've logged in, you will be redirected to a page that allows you to input a recipient.
- In the recipient field, type: email@example.com. You will need to retype this in the Confirm Recipient field.
- Check the box for Require Authentication.
- It is optional, but you may include what it is that you're sending in the Comment field, such as "Insurance Card" or "Health Clearance".
- After you've filled out both Recipient fields, click Proceed.
- Click the Choose File button to browse for your medical records. (You may input a description in regards to each file, but it is not necessary)
- Click the Start Upload button.
- You will be redirected to a confirmation page with the link to your uploaded file. You're finished!
Non-Resident International Students
All non-resident international students must also demonstrate proof of enrollment in a health and accident insurance program before enrolling in courses. The intent of this requirement is to protect international students against the high cost of unanticipated health care expenses resulting from accidents or illness. See International Programs for details.