Application for Degree/Certificate: Graduation
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an “Application for Degree/Certificate”. We strongly recommended that you schedule a “Degree/Certificate Check” appointment with a counselor before applying. Send an email to set up a leeward [at] hawaii [dot] edu (Degree/Certificate Check) now.
A non-refundable $15 fee is required for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement. If you are denied graduation, the fee may be applied to subsequent degree/certificate applications. Proof of payment is required for the fee to be waived for subsequent semesters.
Applications for a degree/certificate will be denied if all requirements, including incompletes, have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
Details and online RSVP link for this year's Commencement ceremony.
Deadlines for Spring 2013 Commencement Ceremony
- To have your name printed in the Commencement Program and to participate in the Ceremony: Pay fees at the Cashier’s Office by Friday, April 19.
- Any “Application for Degree/Certificate” received after April 19 is not guaranteed to be listed in the Commencement Program. However, you are still eligible to participate in the Ceremony.
- Deadline to participate in the Commencement Ceremony: Pay fees at the Cashier’s Office by Wednesday, May 1. Applications received after May 1 does not guarantee participation in the Ceremony.
Commencement Ceremony Participation Policy
Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. The Commencement Ceremony is held once a year in mid-May. If you obtain your degree at the end of the Fall semester, we encourage you to participate in May.
To participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- candidates must have an official degree/certificate check and degree audit (Degree/Certificate Check) on file with the Records Office by the published deadline.