Congratulations! Although COVID-19 has eliminated our chance to celebrate in person this May, Leeward CC is still granting degrees and certificates and processing requests for diplomas. We are also committed to celebrating your achievements:
- The in-person 2020 Commencement Ceremony will be offered at a later date, when it is safe to hold large in-person gatherings again. We’re hoping that will be in December.
- Although we won’t be able to celebrate with you in person in May, we’ll be sending you a printed Commencement Program in a special congratulatory manner.
- We'll also be creating some websites that will be our digital albums, where you can post photos to share your achievement with the world! We'll be sending you details soon.
f you would like to receive an official diploma for your certificate, please visit our online Diploma Order page http://go.hawaii.edu/nsf and complete the form to order your diploma(s). It is not necessary to purchase a diploma in order to be awarded this certificate, however, you need to order a diploma if you wish to participate in the next Commencement Ceremony.
On behalf of our Chancellor, we are pleased to offer you deserved recognition for achieving this milestone. The coronavirus does not diminish your accomplishment. #YouDidIt
Previous Information - Not Applicable for Spring 2020
Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. It means you have met all the requirements to earn your degree or certificate.
To celebrate this achievement, Leeward holds a commencement ceremony once a year in mid-May. Whether you earn your degree at the end of the Spring, Summer or Fall semesters, we encourage you to participate our May commencement. You deserve this moment!
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
APPLY FOR GRADUATION
To be awarded a diploma from the College, you must submit an Application for Graduation. This online form will be available until the last day of instruction. After submitting the application, the fee will be reflected in your MyUH account.
- We strongly recommend that you to schedule a "Graduation Check" appointment with a counselor before applying.
- Complete and submit the online Application for Graduation. NOTE: Upon accessing the application, you will be prompted to login to your UH account. You cannot be signed into a personal Google account when filling out the form. If you need to sign out of your personal Google account, please see these instructions and scroll down to the "Sign out" section: http://go.hawaii.edu/zwG
Applications for graduation will be denied if all requirements have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An Incomplete or “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION
To participate in the annual commencement ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- candidates must have completed and submitted the online graduation application by the published deadline.
A non-refundable $15 fee is required to participate in the commencement ceremony. This fee also covers the cost of your diploma. You will receive one diploma written in English, one diploma written in 'olelo Hawaii and a diploma cover.
Learn more about the commencement ceremony and how you can be a part of this milestone event. We wish you continued success as you transition from a Leeward student to a Leeward graduate!