Become a Donor
Private donations are essential to the long-term quality and growth of Leeward Community College. Donations help our college to meet a number of diverse needs that would not be possible through state funds alone.
Through partnering with our donors, our college can sustain excellence and enhance the student experience, making our campus a learning destination of choice. Many of the donors who give gifts to Leeward do so to support a program or area of study that they believe in. Others make donations to help provide scholarships to current students. Without exception, every gift has a major impact on our students, faculty and campus community as a whole.
There are several ways to become a partner with Leeward:
- Leeward CC Enrichment Fund
- Leeward CC Staff Development Fund
- Friends of Leeward Theater
- Leeward CC Automotive Program
- Leeward CC Library Friends Account
- Leeward CC Culinary Arts Enhancement
- Leeward CC Kanikapila Singers
- Student Opportunity Fund at Leeward CC
- Leeward CC Culinary Scholarship
- Leeward Community College General Aid
- Sunao Sandy & “Mom” Kodama Memorial Scholarship
- Kimo Farrish Memorial Scholarship
About Some of the Accounts
The Leeward CC Enrichment Fund supports a variety of projects geared to improving the student experience at Leeward
Leeward CC Staff Development Fund supports continual improvement in the art and skill of teaching and learning through professional development for faculty and staff.
Friends of Leeward Theater supports the programming at the Theatre, enabling ticket prices to remain affordable.
About the Need for Scholarship Assistance
A recent statewide survey revealed that the number one obstacle to going to college is cost. With the rising cost of tuition, and the fact that over 60% of our students work full time while attending school part-time, student tuition funds truly make an impact on our students ability to strive for a better education, transforming their career options and improving their lives and the lives of those around them.
The enormous need for tuition assistance continues to grow:
- Leeward CC serves the largest number of Native Hawaiian students in the community college system.
- Our students are often the first in their family to attend college.