Print a copy of the page (2019-2020)
Please review the rights and responsibilities financial aid recipients have. If you have any questions about these items please contact the Financial Aid Office at 808-455-0606.
Financial aid applicants have the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid availability, and renewal requirements.
- Confidential protection of your financial aid records. The contents of your file are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Appeal decisions made by the Financial Aid Office staff. Appeals should be submitted to the appropriate offices.
You have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications accurately and on time.
- Read and understand all materials sent to you from the Financial Aid Office and other agencies.
- Keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing your aid programs.
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other agreements you sign.
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside resources you have or will be receiving.
- Register for the number of credits required and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Request personal assistance if you have questions or don’t understand the information provided to you.
- Use the financial aid award for school expenses, tuition and fees; room and board; books and supplies; and transportation.