Financial Aid Apply for Aid
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There are two ways to do this, online or hard copy (paper) version.
a. Request a personal identification number (PIN) to use as an electronic signature at: www.pin.ed.gov. If your parents are required to provide information, they must also apply for a PIN.
b. Complete the FAFSA on the WEB Worksheet and enter the information on www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Paper Application: Available at the Financial Aid Office
IMPORTANT: Whether you complete the Web Worksheet or the paper FAFSA, be sure to list Leeward CC'S School Code Number: 004549.
- The US Department of Education uses the information on the FAFSA application to determine what amount your family should provide toward your education. You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the government.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) If the information is not correct, please submit the necessary corrections on the web or mail the SAR pages back to the Federal Processor. Financial aid cannot be awarded without a correct SAR.
- Check MyUH for any outstanding requirements needed to complete your application and/or your overall financial aid application status. Applications will be awarded chronologically based on the date of completion (when all required documents are received).
- You will be emailed an award letter indicating the “aid package” you are eligible to receive when the awards are finalized. One or more types of aid are usually awarded in combination to make up a student’s financial aid package. Students who are not eligible will receive an email indicating the reasons for ineligibility. All communication will be electronic. Check your MyUH account for updates.
- You should review the award and accept or decline each of the financial aid awards. If the award is accepted, funds will be directly applied to your tuition and fees at Leeward CC. If the financial aid award is more than the cost of your tuition and fees, a check will be mailed to you.
Note: The priority date is April 1 for the next academic year. The institution has the authority to request copies of certain financial documents or explanations of any unusual situation from you and/or your parent(s) to complete an application. Completed applications are considered on a first come, first served basis until funds are depleted and are subject to program awarding guidelines.
If your applications is incomplete or did not make the priority deadline, you MUST rely on your own resources to make payment for registration and other expenses.
The institution has the authority to request copies of certain financial documents or explanations of any unusual situation from you and/or your parent(s) to complete an application.)
Our Financial Aid staff will help you! Be sure to contact them with any questions.
Financial Aid Office Information
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Address: 96-045 Ala Ike, AD-210
Pearl City, HI 96782
Phone: (808) 455-0606
Fax: (808) 454-8804
Email: lccfao [at] hawaii [dot] edu
Federal School Code: 004549