Upon successful completion of the Associate in Applied Science Culinary Arts Program program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism in dress and grooming, attitude, and workplace behavior that reflect standards expected of food service industry professionals.
- Demonstrate basic principles of sanitation and safety in a foodservice operation for safe food handling and to protect the health of the consumer.
- Apply mathematical functions related to foodservice operations.
- Use knives, tools and equipment following established safety and sanitation practices and principles of food preparation to prepare a variety of food items, recipes, and/or products.
- Demonstrate a variety of culinary cooking methods and techniques following established procedures to produce classical, regional and contemporary cuisines.
- Demonstrate fundamental principles, methods, and techniques of baking to prepare a variety of baked goods.
- Demonstrate professional hospitality and service standards to insure quality guest service.