Leeward CC CARES Report
The University of Hawai‘i, including Leeward Community College, provided emergency financial grants to students in April and May 2020 to address unexpected financial hardships caused by the coronavirus and disruptions to their education and lives. The federal CARES Act supported emergency assistance directly to students who meet federal eligibility requirements.
Information on Spring 2020
Additional updates to be posted
Support for students
- 5 tips for learning remotely
- Best practices
- Resources & online support
- Info on access to WiFi
- How to access Free Tutoring
- Library and Test Center
- How to connect remotely
- List of counselors
- Free mental health support
- DOE Grab & Go Meals & Childcare help
- Free activities for keiki
- Leeward's Food Pantry for students
- Tips to staying well
- If you have a question about your class, please contact your instructor. Directory of faculty and staff (be sure to select Leeward).
- Campus is open to UH students, faculty and staff only.
- Map of wifi on campus (pdf) if you need access to wireless.
- Check your UH email account and the College’s webpage frequently for updates.
- If you are currently feeling sick, or have traveled out of state in the past two weeks, we ask that you reach us via phone or email.
Services and Offices
Please call or email. On-campus services will be limited.
If you need ADA accommodations for online learning, contact the KI office, (808) 455-0405 or email the KI program staff.
Admissions & Records
- All Admissions services will be offered via phone, email of online.
- All A&R forms are available online. Submit all documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions).
- Contact Admissions via email, phone (808) 455-0642.
- For Transcripts and Transcript Evaluations, email us or call (808) 455-0645. Details for Transcript Requests.
Leeward Children's Center will remain closed and has been following the DOE schedule. .
Computer and Internet Support
- Counselors are meeting with students! Meetings are done via phone and Zoom appointments.
- Make an appointment online or call (808) 455-0233.
- You can also reach them by email: listing of counselors and contact info.
- Returning Adults, please connect with us via email or call (808) 455-0376.
- Changes will be posted on bokstore website and social media
- Facebook and Instagram: @LeewardBookstore
- Bookstore Website
The Bus is adjusting its scheduling, affecting routes 73. Updated bus schedule.
DVAC Campus Survivor Advocacy Program Services
O'ahu Campuses: If you're expereincing increased isolation and danger caused by confinement, economic stress and health insecurity--reach out to us.
- Campus Survivor Advocacy Program Services (CSAP) advocates available to our O'ahu students and employees Mon-Fri 8am-5pm by phone and email.
- If you would like to work with a specific advocate, please refer to the CSAP advocate schedule and contact list
- DVAC Helpline: (808) 531-3771 (8:30a-4:30p, M-F) or the DV Hotline: (808)526-2200 (24/7)
- Please check your UH email or contact your instructor for information regarding your specific course.
- Early College Contact information. (pdf)
- Processing of financial aid applications and documents will continue.
- Contact Financial Aid by phone, (808) 455-0606 or via email.
- All appointments will be done via Zoom or phone.
- All Financial Aid forms are online.
- Submit documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions); send to email@example.com.
- To be determined at a later date.
Food Pantry - Hānai iā Leeward
- Hānai iā Leeward will remain open. Call 808-455-0208 or email the Hānai iā Leeward staff.
- Sign ups and distributions will be announced via the weekly Student Life emails.
- Contact us by phone, (808) 455-0563 or via email.
- If you or your family’s income has been reduced due to layoffs or reduction in hours, you may be eligible for SNAP benefits. Visit the HiNet website for more information.
- Services by appointment only.
- Call (808) 455-0570 or email International Programs.
- F-1 international students who wish to leave the United States are urged to contact us immediately.
Job Prep Services
- Contact us by (808) 455-0231 or via email.
- Assistance with resume, cover letters and mock interviews will be done via Zoom; schedule an appointment.
- UHCC Job Center Online (JCO)
- Library services will be available remotely from 8am-4pm.
- Study Spaces will be closed.
- Assistance with research (finding books, articles and searching databases) will be available.
- Details on the Library website.
- Should you need to talk to someone about mental health and wellness during this time, please contact us via phone (808) 689-2661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also schedule an online meeting with mental health professional. As always, there is no charge for treatment, there is no treatment caps, and insurance is not needed for Leeward students.
- Schedule an Zoom session
New Student Orientation (NSO)
- NSO Online will be available to all students starting Monday, March 23.
- Info will be emailed to all students.
Student Health Center
- Inquiries may be made via email or phone, (808) 455-0515.
- Health Clearance Forms and documents may be file dropped to email@example.com or faxed to (808) 455-0267.
- If you are ill, please call before walking-in to the clinic. More details online.
- Call 808-455-0208 or email Student Life.
- All events and activities are cancelled for the semester. Plans for online/social media activities are in progress.
- Student Government is still here to advocate for your needs. Send us your suggestions.
- Study Spaces in Library will be closed.
- The Uluwehi Café has been set up for safe study areas -- one person per table!
- Outdoor tables are also available, with one person per table, please.
- Call (808) 455-0273 or email the staff. Wai‘anae Moku: (808) 454-4708
- Due to COVID19, all Accuplacer Placement Testing is currently suspended. Please refer to Leeward's Testing Center site or contact the Pearl City or Wai`anae Moku Testing Centers.
- Online assistance via Tutor.com
- Zoom assistance via the Writing Center.
- Zoom and phone for content tutoring via the Learning Resource Center.
- UHM's Online Learning Academy
Veterans' Resource Center
- No walk-ins, please. Appointments will be via phone, email or zoom.
- To book an appointment, please call 808-455-0233 or 808-455-0274. You can also email LeeAnne Egan or email the Center staff.
- For the Leeward CC VA Certifying Official, you can email or call 808-455-0644.
If there's something not covered, or you have a question, please send us an email with any question. We'll find the answer!
From Spring 2020
Credit/No Credit Grading Options
Please be fully aware of the potential implications of choosing a CR/NC grading option. Be sure to review the UH System’s FAQs for Students as well as consult your Counselor and other offices with which they may be involved (e.g., Financial Aid, Veterans, etc.) before making their decision.
WITHDRAWAL DEADLINE EXTENDED
The UH System has extended the deadline to withdraw with a “W” from any semester-long Spring 2020 course to April 30, 2020. This is a change from the originally announced date of March 27, 2020. The deadline for refunds has passed.
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 24
ALL CLASSES AND SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED REMOTELY.
Thank you for getting through the first day “back.” Based on the Governor’s “Stay at Home” order and directions from UH Leadership, starting 3/24, all classes will be online and services will be offered remotely, with limited on-campus services, most by appointment. We are not closed. We are operating differently.
If you have questions about your class, please email your instructor: Directory of email and phone numbers.