The UH system has extended the deadline to Withdraw with a “W”
from any semester-long Spring 2020 course to April 30, 2020. This is a change from the originally announced date of March 27, 2020. The deadline for refunds has passed.
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, MARCH 24
ALL CLASSES AND SERVICES WILL BE OFFERED REMOTELY.
Thank you for getting through the first day “back.” Based on the Governor’s “Stay at Home” order and directions from UH Leadership, starting 3/24, all classes will be online and services will be offered remotely, with limited on-campus services, most by appointment. We are not closed. We are operating differently.
If you have questions about your class, please email your instructor: Directory of email and phone numbers
Long-term Loans of Laptops
The Library will be offering current students laptops for checkout on a first-come, first-serve basis. We have PC laptops. These devices are not due back until May 15, 2020. One device per student.
- Mon-Fri: 10 am - 12 pm (not available on holidays)
- If you have a question about your class, please contact your instructor. Directory of faculty and staff (be sure to select Leeward).
- Campus is open to UH students, faculty and staff only.
- Map of wifi on campus (pdf) if you need access to wireless.
- Check your UH email account and the College’s webpage frequently for updates.
- If you are currently feeling sick, or have traveled out of state in the past two weeks, we ask that you reach us via phone or email.
- Listing of face to face and remote assistance with technology used in online learning.
- 24/7 support for technology questions via the UH ITS Help Desk, call (808) 956-8883 or email them.
Services and Offices
Please call or email. On-campus services will be limited.
If you need ADA accommodations for online learning, contact the KI office, (808) 455-0405 or email the KI program staff.
Admissions & Records
- All Admissions services will be offered via phone, email of online.
- All A&R forms are available online. Submit all documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions).
- Contact Admissions via email, phone (808) 455-0642.
- For Transcripts and Transcript Evaluations, email us or call (808) 455-0645. Details for Transcript Requests.
Leeward Children's Center will remain closed and has been following the DOE schedule. We are scheduled to reopen on April 7.
Classes will be delivered online If you have any questions about your classes, please contact your instructor. Directory of faculty and staff (be sure to select Leeward).
- Traditional ceremony scheduled in May has been cancelled.
- Students may continue to apply for graduation.
- We will still process applications for graduation, grant degrees/certificates.
- We are considering alternative ways to celebrate our graduates or looking to reschedule at a later date.
- Specific information will be shared and posted soon.
Computer and Internet Support
- Counselors are meeting with students! Meetings are done via phone and Zoom appointments.
- Make an appointment online or call (808) 455-0233.
- You can also reach them by email: listing of counselors and contact info.
- Returning Adults, please connect with us via email or call (808) 455-0376.
- Web orders only, with pick up options.
- Store will not be open to walk in customers; pick up only.
- Pick up hours will be ours are 10a-3p. No browsing the store
- Bookstore Website
- All Running Start classes will resume classes online on March 23.
- All Early College courses will resume on Monday, March 30. The vast majority of these classes will move to online delivery.
- Please check your UH email or contact your instructor for information regarding your specific course.
- Early College Contact information.
- Processing of financial aid applications and documents will continue.
- Contact Financial Aid by phone, (808) 455-0606 or via email.
- All appointments will be done via Zoom or phone.
- All Financial Aid forms are online.
- Submit documents via UH File Drop (View Instructions); send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Da Spot will be offering "grab and go" service.
- KimoBean and Subway will not be open.
Food Pantry - Hānai iā Leeward
- Hānai iā Leeward will remain open. Call 808-455-0208 or email the Hānai iā Leeward staff.
- Sign ups and distributions will be announced via the weekly Student Life emails.
- Contact us by phone, (808) 455-0563 or via email.
- If you or your family’s income has been reduced due to layoffs or reduction in hours, you may be eligible for SNAP benefits. Visit the HiNet website for more information.
- Services by appointment only.
- Call (808) 455-0570 or email International Programs.
- F-1 international students who wish to leave the United States are urged to contact us immediately.
Job Prep Services
- Contact us by (808) 455-0231 or via email.
- Assistance with resume, cover letters and mock interviews will be done via Zoom; schedule an appointment.
- UHCC Job Center Online (JCO)
- Library services will be available remotely from 8am-4pm.
- Study Spaces will be closed.
- Book and laptop checkouts available: 10 am - 12 pm
- Assistance with research (finding books, articles and searching databases) will be available.
- Details on the Library website.
- Should you need to talk to someone about mental health and wellness during this time, please contact us via phone (808) 689-2661 or email email@example.com
- You can also schedule an online meeting with mental health professional. As always, there is no charge for treatment, there is no treatment caps, and insurance is not needed for Leeward students.
- Schedule an Zoom session
New Student Orientation (NSO)
- NSO and W2W Sessions have been cancelled through the end of May.
- NSO Online will be available to all students starting Monday, March 23.
- Info will be emailed to all students.
Student Health Center
- Inquiries may be made via email or phone, (808) 455-0515.
- Health Clearance Forms and documents may be file dropped to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (808) 455-0267.
- If you are ill, please call before walking-in to the clinic. More details online.
- Call 808-455-0208 or email Student Life.
- All events and activities are cancelled for the semester. Plans for online/social media activities are in progress.
- Student Government is still here to advocate for your needs. Send us your suggestions.
- Study Spaces in Library will be closed.
- The Uluwehi Café has been set up for safe study areas -- one person per table!
- Outdoor tables are also available, with one person per table, please.
- Call (808) 455-0471 or email the staff.
- Online assistance via Tutor.com
- Zoom assistance via the Writing Center.
- Zoom and phone for content tutoring via the Learning Resource Center.
- UHM's Online Learning Academy
Veterans' Resource Center
- No walk-ins, please. Appointments will be via phone, email or zoom.
- To book an appointment, please call 808-455-0233 or 808-455-0274. You can also email LeeAnne Egan or email the Center staff.
- For the Leeward CC VA Certifying Official, you can email or call 808-455-0644.
Withdrawing from a Course
The deadline to withdraw from semester-long courses is April 30 For modular courses, you can check the adjusted deadlines on the course availability site. You simply sign into STAR to make the withdrawal. Please remember that dropping or withdrawing from a class will impact your financial aid. If you need extra support with your situation due to COVID-19, please contact the Dean of Student Services by calling (808) 455-0260 or via email.
If there's something not covered, or you have a question, please send us an email with any question. We'll find the answer!