About this committee
Description/Mission: Working in partnership with our community groups and organizations, this committee seeks to educate and raise awareness about what healthy relationships are. As part of this, we need to acknowledge, recognize and know about the nature of domestic violence so that our families, marriages, and intimate relationships can be healthy relationships.
- To educate and build awareness about healthy relationships for Leeward CC faculty and staff, students, and the community
- To educate and build awareness about the nature and extent of Domestic Violence among Leeward CC faculty and staff, students, and the community
- Contribute to the missions of and support local community groups and organizations by providing a venue for education and awareness and increasing the visibility and support for these groups and organizations.
- To provide professional development opportunities to Leeward CC faculty and staff so that they are aware of what healthy relationships are
- To provide professional development opportunities to Leeward CC faculty and staff so that they can be better prepared and equipped to assist students
- To provide resources and assistance to students and community members that are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence
- To support and promote the missions of the many community groups and organizations who work on a daily basis to educate and prevent domestic violence