Program Learning Outcomes Associate in Science Business Technology
In addition to acquiring the competencies required for Associate of Science degrees, upon successful completion of this program graduates will be able to:
- Work as a responsible member of a team to meet an organization’s objectives.
- Demonstrate professionalism in work quality, appearance, attitude, and workplace behavior as required in a diverse business environment.
- Use current and emerging technologies effectively to create and manage documents and handle multiple priorities.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written interactions, complying with standard office etiquette.
- Use research and decision-making skills to make informed choices consistent with personal and organizational goals.
- Apply appropriate strategies to secure employment, retain a job, and advance in a career.
Associate in Science, Certificate of Achievement
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Perform basic coding tasks and maintain accurate reimbursement systems including the preparation of patient access, registration, and patient accounting statements.
- Access, analyze, and interpret data to solve basic health information coding, patient accounting, and supervisory problems.
- Interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers to effectively support the work with high customer satisfaction.
- Organize, prioritize, and perform work tasks to meet deadlines and schedules.
- Apply health information, records management, and patient financial/patient accounting laws; and code basic cases with industry reimbursement procedures by patient insurance type.