How to Apply: Transfer Student
(completed credit at another college and never attended Leeward)
1. Review Application Deadline and Residency Status
2. Submit an application
3. Request a Transcript Evaluation
If you want the coursework at a previous college to be considered towards your academic goal at Leeward, your transcript(s) need to be reviewed. Evaluating previous college credits is optional unless you are planning to receive financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits. More info on transcript evaluation.
1. Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request Form
2. Request all of the transcripts listed on the form be sent to the Admissions Office directly from the sending institution. Hand-carried, sealed transcripts are not accepted.
3. Be sure to declare Leeward CC as your "home institution" on the UH application.
4. Receive your Decision Letter
You'll receive a letter that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the letter will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling. You will also receive information on New Student Orientation and a Welcome Booklet.
5. Sign up for your UH account
Go to https://www.hawaii.edu/
6. Determine Placement in English and math
7. Attend the New Student Orientation (NSO)
To assist you in reaching your college goals, all students are required to participate in a New Student Orientation (NSO) session and to sign up for a counseling session. You will not be allowed to register for classes until you complete NSO and meet with a counselor.
NSO is offered "live" and online. More information.
If you are planning to take online courses, the Distance Education page has additional resources you'll need to succeed online. Also, join our online community for distance education students!
8. Check out and apply for financial aid
9. Visit a counselor for academic advising
10. Prepare for Registration
- Placement Tests and the Test Center
- health clearance requirements
- registering for classes
- finding classes
- paying tuition and fees
- buying books
- attending classes
If you have any questions, please give us a call or stop by for help.