How to Apply: Active Duty Military, Military Dependent, Veteran, Hawaii-Based National Guard
1. Review Application Deadlines
2. Submit an application
- Apply online
- Print and submit necessary documents from the online application site for military or veteran verification.
3. Receive your Decision Email
You'll receive an email that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the email will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling, including New Student Orientation.
4. Sign up for your UH account
Go to https://www.hawaii.edu/
5. Determine if you need to take the Placement Tests
Leeward uses a variety of ways to check your skill levels in English and math, to help place you in English and math courses in which you are most likely to succeed. Details.
6. Attend the New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is mandatory for all recent high school grads. Transfer and returning students are welcomed and encouraged to attend!
If you are planning to take online courses, the iLearn@Leeward site has additional resources you'll need to succeed online. Also, join our online community for distance education students!
7. Check out and apply for financial aid.
8. Visit our counseling office for academic advising.
9. Prepare for Registration
- health clearance requirements
- registering for classes
- finding classes
- paying tuition and fees
- buying books
- attending classes